Chip adivce...

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
JaseW
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Chip adivce...

Post by JaseW »

Well it had to happen, I've done nearly 7000 miles in my car and not got a single mark on her, then typical tonight a cement truck was trying to pull out of building works and halfway in the road. I stopped to let them out only to my detriment!

Not half a mile up the road, a cement stone bounced off my windscreen. Luckily there was no chip so carried on home. unfortunately, what I hadn't noticed was the stone had hit the bonnet first, leaving a 1" scratch down to the metal, and a dent about 2" in diameter right in the centre of the bonnet.

To say I'm not happy is an understatement.

Now, knowing where the truck was delivering, should I try and find out the company from the building works, and seek the insurance route? My excess is £250.00 or should I forget it and just go for a repair. If so does anyone recommend chips away or similar firm in the Leeds area?

cheers, JaseW
I luv Roc!
bianco
In: Deep Black
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Re: Chip adivce...

Post by bianco »

Well... Give it a try.

The driver of the truck is responsible for securing the load, and his company is insured for it.
If You are polite and They are good guys then They may accept that it is their fault.

Or They may say: "prove it" :shrug:
chr15
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Post by chr15 »

My money is on them saying prove it. Its worth a try though but you will probably have to sort it yourself. I wouldn't do it through insurance though.
JaseW
In: Candy White
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

I've spoken to a local reputable bodyshop, and they've said about £150 ex vat for a full panel respray and blend. Pretty good price to say, baring in mind the cost, might just re-spray the whole car in Firespark red :vibes:
I luv Roc!