MUDFLAPS

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
SCOTT

MUDFLAPS

Post by SCOTT »

HI all have any of you got the vw mudflaps fitted?? if you have any chance i can see some pictures please??

i just think these will stop all the crap going over the bodywork :)

thanks.
adamj
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Re: MUDFLAPS

Post by adamj »

I agree about stopping getting crap all over the car.

However I have seen pics of the mudflaps for the Roc and they look terrible (not to mention expensive!), not worth it imo...

Sure someone will have a pic for you to judge.
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Rehmondo has them fitted to his Candy White Roc.

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 2459#p2463
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
scirocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011
Cruise Control, Premium mats, Mudflaps...

Post by scirocco »

I have them on mine and cant say they spoil the look of the car, if anything they make it look lower from behind....
haws
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: Black Leather, DSG, Winter Pack, Acoustic Parking, Sills, Pedals, etc etc

Post by haws »

Bit mucky but it's rained a lot :P

maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Depends how much you want to clean your car - if you're a once a week person then don't bother. I think the flaps really spoil the look. I had them on my last 2 Golfs and they didn't look out of place, but they do on a Scirocco. They'll probably look ok on white as a contrast, or on black as they'll be an extension of the car's colour, but on any other colour they'll be crap.

If these were necessary to prevent the underside getting pebble-dashed, VW would mould these into the wheel arch liners for tuppence. That anti-gravel coating on the underside is very tough, the lack of mudflaps wont cause your floorpan to rust through. The main beneficiary to you having mudflaps will be the car behind - they're less likely to have stones flicked up at them by you.

At £107.20 for a full set of 4, they're a rip off too (£60 on the Golf for all 4), plus fitting, in the region of £70 if you can't/won't fit them yourself.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
SCOTT

Post by SCOTT »

thanks haws just what i was looking for, im really having second thoughts now though :(

perhaps i should swap these for folding mirrors.
lennytwo
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: winter pack. tyre monitor

Post by lennytwo »

I was quoted £58 per pair by vw dealer, today, ..put them on, not the best fitting mudflaps...shame they weren't put on at manufacture stage
Last edited by lennytwo on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
alanstead
Options: Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Bi xenon, Electric folding mirrors, Cruise control, Winter pack, Flat tyre indicator, Mudflaps, Rubber mats, Boot liner, LED sidelights, Upgrade cornering bulbs, LED interior lighting, Upgrade DRL's, Premium sill trims, Alloy pedals, RNS510, Rearview camera, Bluetooth.

Post by alanstead »

Hi, I've got them on mine and think they look fine. The front ones are very small and not really noticeable on the darker colours, the back ones are a bit bigger and I was considering not bothering, but got them for nothing, so not gonna moan! The front ones do stop a lot of crap splattering the doors, but I live in the country so theres crap everywhere! Not sure about the back ones and how effective they are, there aint much body behind them.

Alan
alanstead
Options: Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Bi xenon, Electric folding mirrors, Cruise control, Winter pack, Flat tyre indicator, Mudflaps, Rubber mats, Boot liner, LED sidelights, Upgrade cornering bulbs, LED interior lighting, Upgrade DRL's, Premium sill trims, Alloy pedals, RNS510, Rearview camera, Bluetooth.

Post by alanstead »

Some pics of VW mudflaps for anyone that isnt sure about them.
DSCF2627.JPG
DSCF2628.JPG
DSCF2629.JPG
DSCF2630.JPG
DSCF2631.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Normski
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Rear parking sensors, Cruise control, electric folding mirrors, tyre pressure sensor, bluetooth prep.

Post by Normski »

The front mudflaps look really good, but the back seem to ruin the over line and proportion of the back, I can see why they are so big. People without rear flaps how much dirt gets flicked up onto the back of the car?
alanstead

Post by alanstead »

Totally agree! I'm undecided about the rears, theres so little bodywork behind them I dont see why they are so big, but think it would look daft with none at all.

Alan
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Normski wrote:The front mudflaps look really good, but the back seem to ruin the over line and proportion of the back, I can see why they are so big. People without rear flaps how much dirt gets flicked up onto the back of the car?
Normski

Welcome!!
I can only think they are so big to stop stones flicking into peoples windscreens behind :? :?

S
Drigbyy2k
In: Viper Green
Options: Bi-xenon headlights... Flat tyre indicator... Winter pack... Door sills... Metal pedals... Aftermarket alloys...
Location: Highlands of Scotland (15miles south of John O'Groats)

Post by Drigbyy2k »

Cheers for the photo's Alan...

Thay don't a actually look too bad...
peter.vw
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Reversing aid, Paneramic glass roof, Folding mirrors, Tire flat indicator, mats, Smokers pack

Post by peter.vw »

Think the fronts are ok but the rear is looking on the large side, would look ok on black or white paint work but i think its function of the mud flaps rather than looks that need to be considered