Scirocco V6

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
timjones100
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Sound pack, phone prep, 19's and folding mirrors.

Scirocco V6

Post by timjones100 »

Hello,

Does anybody know if they are planning to put the 3.2ltr engine into Scirocco? Love to see the V6 in it!!!
iroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Re: Scirocco V6

Post by iroc »

Doubt it will happen as they are stopping the R32 due to emissions.
danbailey77
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre Indicator and mats.

Post by danbailey77 »

My thought would be that they do an r version with the 270ish bhp as in the TTS and would be 4wd.
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

The rumour doing the rounds is the 3.2 unit is going to be replaced with the 3.6

http://paultan.org/archives/2006/05/25/ ... pt-photos/

http://www.germancarzone.com/scirocco/2 ... easer.html

albeit its speculation!

After the weekend I just had I dont think the R32 is going to sell the performace of the 2.0 tsi which is a lighter engine is just as quick, I cant also see the point of a TTS version a remap and exhaust and you'll get that power anyway!!

I however see the point in an AWD system, and in order for anyone to seperate with more than 30k + I think we are talking 300 ponies!?
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

r36 unit is fitted in the passat, co2 and fuel consumption will no doubt price it out the market, no doubt look good on the forecourt which is where you will be given its range conidering the tank size on the scirocco is only 50l, S3/TTS motor is a real peach linked with lower suspension, improved brakes and some external and interior changes they could be on to something with a 'r' version, in the current climate i'd steer clear of the v6
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2