Rattling noise coming from the front end!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Rattling noise coming from the front end!!

Post by wigit »

we have not had a call for the gti pirelli or the scirocco, our sales guy has phoned me a few times on the issue of bits etc, audi aftersales service was always top notch, indeed the guy who i bought two audis from said can i bring the scirocco round so he can look
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
wullie636
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: dynaudio dab leather mats premium sills

Post by wullie636 »

I bought mine from verve in wishaw and I got a call from their customer services but nothing from vw but that doesn't suprise me as this is my fourth vw and I've never had a call from them. My rattle has disappeared again today but when it returns i'm taking it in and see what service I get
heavymetalmayhem
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, DSG, premium mats.

Post by heavymetalmayhem »

Mine's from Wayside - I had a call from the salesman three days after collection and a call from a survey company on behalf of VW after one week.

Fortunately I don't have a rattle and generally I have been happy with the service although nothing special.
Daveboy

Post by Daveboy »

sir_rocco wrote:Re wipers being crap,

my drivers wiper leaves a streak about 3 inches across right in the middle of my sight line. I have had a new blade andpolished the screen in case there was some kind of residue on it, still no improvement so I think I have dodgy windscreen with a minute depression in it. To top things off, I got hit by a stone on the M1 yesterday and theres a chip once again right in the middle of my sightline. So, I will try and get VW to replace the screen as a warranty issue and if that fails, change it under insurance.

Damn, I was gutted for the rest of my drive knowing my PAJ was now not in mint nick :cry:
Had the same problem after a windscreen replacement in my Leon - big 3"" streak that refuses to clear. Might be a more common problem than you'd imagine.......

Go for a VW replacement under warranty. Not fit for purpose etc..

Newb alert by the way :)

:noob:
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Got a very small nick in the screen today, I was the only one on the road doing 60mph heard a few crackles hitting the screen, got home to find a very minute chip in the screen, will call autoglass in the morning.
pimp my roc
Options: Panna,truffle,winter pack

Post by pimp my roc »

Fixed my rattle, it was the ribbon cable to the sun visor light rattling against the glass roof panel......
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

pimp my roc wrote:Fixed my rattle, it was the ribbon cable to the sun visor light rattling against the glass roof panel......
That's a relief, the rattle has gone on my car too ever since I cleaned the blades with warm soapy water - they're still crap wipers though!
NickO
Options: Truffle Leather, Panaromic Roof, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Premium Mats, Boot Liner

Post by NickO »

Hi All,

I too have the infamous rattle on the front, which developed approximately 5 days post delivery. I will speaking to my dealer, Sinclairs Swansea later this week to see what that I have to say.

I will report back.....
wullie636

Post by wullie636 »

this a post for NickO did you find out what was causing the rattle from your car?
risingblue1
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Sat Nav, Private plate

Post by risingblue1 »

I also had a rattle due to the alternator belt coming off due to a LARGE RAT :cry:
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

risingblue1 wrote:I also had a rattle due to the alternator belt coming off due to a LARGE RAT :cry:
Really?!?
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
NickO
Options: Truffle Leather, Panaromic Roof, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Premium Mats, Boot Liner

Post by NickO »

You're not going to believe this but the rattle was there on Thursday night on the commute home from work, like it had been consistently for the past week or so. I drove to the dealer this morning and it has mysteriously gone! :? And so far it hasn't returned!

There is nothing the dealer can really do about a non - existent issue, but they gave me a coffee and cleaned the car :)

They simply said if it returns just pop the in car a.s.a.p.

Annoying, but I have to say I can't fault their service.
wullie636

Post by wullie636 »

Thats typical I too have a rattle and when it started I took it to the dealer and when I went out with the mechanic low and behold it stopped and hasn't done it since. I am convinced that its coming from the wipers though
risingblue1
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Sat Nav, Private plate

Post by risingblue1 »

iambu wrote:
risingblue1 wrote:I also had a rattle due to the alternator belt coming off due to a LARGE RAT :cry:
Really?!?
Yep size of a small rabbit got chewed in my alternator belt... :eek:
NickO

Post by NickO »

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but this rattle has been driving me around the bend!

Basically, it seems to be coming from the front driver’s wiper area, and is very intermittent. 

It occurs only when the car has been left standing for a while, and disappears completely when you have been driving for a little bit. E.g it occurred this morning on the way to work, and lasted a little longer then normal. Hence I thought “right” I’m off straight to the dealer, approximately 1 mile from the dealer it completely disappeared! Again!

I have it booked in for next Wednesday for the dealer to give it a once over, but my worry is that it probably won’t occur and they the dealer won’t find anything.

Is anyone else still getting this issue? Any advice appreciated because it is driving me mad and the only thing spoiling the car.

Cheers
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

NickO wrote:Any advice appreciated because it is driving me mad
Increase the volume of the stereo lol

On a serious note mine has all but disappeared, I hardly ever hear it now, all that’s happened is that I've cleaned the car several times and cleaned the blades.

I'm going to see VW today and get them to replace the blades as the smear has got worse and is seriously pissing me off now.
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

The earliest I could book it for is Sat Dec 6th, the Service centre has taken a look and rightly agreed that it was smearing badly, so they will replace all the blades under warranty and while its there maybe take a look at the rattle, I said I hardly noticed it now but they insisted.
wullie636

Post by wullie636 »

I too have the rattle from the drivers side wiper which only occurs when the car has been left sitting for a couple of days but when I use the wipers which have also began to smear the rattle seems to disappear I haven't been to the dealer yet because its so intermitent it would be good to hear how yous get on at the dealer so when I take mine in I can let them know
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

Yeah no probs wullie636, rather than taken it to a stealer I went to VW Witherspoon in Sighthill Ind Estate, near Makro Edinburgh, just ask for Marc in parts or Kevin Witherspoon.
NickO

Post by NickO »

I'm booked in next Wednesday, so I'll report back.

Interesting point about the rattle "seems to occur when the car has been left for a few days." The intance I refer to above occurred when the car was left for 48 hours, normally it is driven daily!