New audio system with a sub

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
virago
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

New audio system with a sub

Post by virago »

Hi,

As the local distributor does not import the rocco with dynaudio I changed my speakers and add a sub-woofer with two amplifiers.

The new system has 2 sets of MB-Quart 16cm mid-treble speakers. One 25cm MB-Quart sub-woofer.
One Rockford-Fosgate 4 channel amplifier for the front and rear speakers.
One 2 channel MB-Quart amplifier for the sub woofer which is used as a mono amplifier.

the sub and the rockford amplifier is from my old car.

I did not want to lose space in the trunk so we made a custom subwoofer box in the space saver spare tyre on the bottom of the trunk. It is a sealed box and removable in case the spare is needed.
It is about 15 liters and enough for 25cm subwoofer. I just lost about 4cm from the bottom of the trunk.

There are some pictures of the rear panels, empty and with the new speakers and crossovers installed. And the bottom of the trunk.
IMG_5211.JPG
IMG_5212.JPG
IMG_5215.JPG
IMG_5216.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
youvebinaced
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: Manual box
Options: Black Vienna Leather
DVD Sat Nav
Bluetooth Phone System
Panoramic Glass Sun Roof
Parking Sensors
Electrically Folding Door Mirrors
Hill Hold Function
19" Lugano Alloy Wheels
Cruise Control
8K HID Dipped Beam (mod)
LED Sidelights (mod)
Tinted Front Windows (mod)

Re: New audio system with a sub

Post by youvebinaced »

pretty tidy m8 but have you got a tyre repair kit coz if not then you could be in trouble if you get a flat
My car is now for sale, for just £16,000, fair price so please no silly offers :)
virago
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by virago »

youvebinaced wrote:pretty tidy m8 but have you got a tyre repair kit coz if not then you could be in trouble if you get a flat
I don't think so because the tyre is in there :) the woofer is in a custom box in the tyre ! And it's easily removable
danielhaynes
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, Fiscon Pro, Bluefin, Custom LED Sidelights, VAGCOM

Post by danielhaynes »

Nice Job!

I am keen to change my stock speakers but probably not to the extent you have.... just swapping the existing for something a little better. How easy is it to do?

I have seen information on how to remove the front door cards, but nothing on the rear speakers.
mo1315
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather (Black) and Optical Parking System

Post by mo1315 »

Great install. I'm looking to add a sub to give it a bit more depth to the sound. Don't have Dynaudio. May uprate comps at a later date depending on how the addition of just a sub sounds. Was thinking of a pre-amped under seat jobby. Couple of questions for you:

What have you done with reagrds to the HU? I assume its the stnadard unit. If so did you add a line driver or signal processor before the amps?
How easy/difficult is it to run power into the engine bay?
Did you add any soundproofing? The roc seems a bit rattley/tinny to me. Ok for standard day to day use, but when running a system could imagine it rattles a fair bit.
vee
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Pdc and dynaudio sound

Post by vee »

I have the dynaudio system but im thinking i need a sub - care to share a pic of your sub enclosure - its great that you still have the spare in there