Your worst scirocco moment?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
raffoul232
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Your worst scirocco moment?

Post by raffoul232 »

Well, we already have a topic on here titled: "You’re favourite Scirocco-moment?" So I was thinking of creating a counter for that, so here it is. Although we are all happy with our rocco's, we still had some bad days with it or things you realized were wrong with your rocco?

Ill start first:
1) Got my first scratch due to some guy and his car key.
2) Found a rip on the leather of the door
3) And lastly nearly made an accident during first week of delivery, due to some guy that kept on looking at my car and lost control of his own car and nearly hit me .

Keep it clean :lol: :lol: .............................. :eyepop:
ALL MODS ON HOLD
adamj
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Re: Your worst scirocco moment?

Post by adamj »

The dealer not lifting it correctly in the workshop and denting both sills, and the big stonechip and dent in the bonnet :mad: :mad: I am so fussy about keeping my car mint too
chr15
In: Rising Blue

Post by chr15 »

Had a crap day at work, went to get the car out of the garage, not paying enough attention hit the passenger mirror off part of the door. The top casing flew off and landed on the floor somehow without a mark on it! The glass had smashed, indicator lense bit broken, bottom casing split. Annoying! Cost me about £50 to sort as luckily the base was ok and the top. Painted is about £100!
adamj
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Post by adamj »

chr15 wrote:Had a crap day at work, went to get the car out of the garage, not paying enough attention hit the passenger mirror off part of the door. The top casing flew off and landed on the floor somehow without a mark on it! The glass had smashed, indicator lense bit broken, bottom casing split. Annoying! Cost me about £50 to sort as luckily the base was ok and the top. Painted is about £100!
I forgot to put, exactly the same thing happened to me putting mine in the garage, top flew off unbroken and marked new indicator and glass needed!!
timhigginbotham
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Bluetooth
Vienna Leather
Dynaudio
Cruise

Post by timhigginbotham »

A little embarrassing this one, but I managed to lock my keys in the boot (I opened the boot using the key fob, dumped a load of stuff in and without realising the keys went in too). Once the boot was closed - clunk - car locked up - DOH! Many things made it worse - I blocked my girlfriend in on the drive, so she couldnt get out & was due to go on holiday that day. Also my spare keys were at home 60 miles away & my wallet inside the car. It was a disaster. VW Assist sent out the RAC who were useless - they wanted me to sign a disclaimer before trying to break in. No chance! Though he did advise to get a copy of the key as at least it would allow me to get in (but obviously wouldnt start the car) - interesting idea.In the end I had to call a lock smith to break into my house so that I could retrieve the spare set.

I hope no one else makes the same stupid mistake i did.
Jacktherat

Post by Jacktherat »

Last edited by Jacktherat on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spiney
Options: Dynaudio, Cruise, DRL's turned off!
Just added Premium mats and treadplates, because she's worth it!

Post by Spiney »

M40 last week. Following a Mondeo with elctrical tape holding his rear bumber together when a chunk fell off and slammed straight into my bonnet. Car had less than 500 miles on the clock and now has two small dents to Christen it!

I'll be looking for a quote next week for repair but looks like the dents will need pulling out and then a complete bonnet respray, around £250. :cry:
The Kitchen Shop
http://www.just-cooking.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
justsean

Post by justsean »

my worst moment was when i saw a beautiful rising blue scirocco (exactly the one/spec i want) but shortly after my circumstances changed i il have to wait now! :(

honestly cant wait though and im sure that will make it all the more special.
MKAndy
Options: 19" Lugano Alloys, Smokers Pack, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors

Post by MKAndy »

Spiney wrote:M40 last week. Following a Mondeo with elctrical tape holding his rear bumber together when a chunk fell off and slammed straight into my bonnet. Car had less than 500 miles on the clock and now has two small dents to Christen it!

I'll be looking for a quote next week for repair but looks like the dents will need pulling out and then a complete bonnet respray, around £250. :cry:
Didn't you get his Reg mate? Pretty sure he'd be liable for having a non roadworthy car, even if he has an MOT, bits flying off making it dangerous.
SmiffyDSG
Options: Panoramic sunroof, Winter Pack, Folding door mirrors, Rear parking sensors, Cruise, Flat tyre indicator, Mats.

Post by SmiffyDSG »

My worst moment was on the day I picked it up. With about 4 miles on the clock and an hour old someone reversed into it doing £3500 of damage.
I still feel sick just thinking about it !
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

SmiffyDSG wrote:My worst moment was on the day I picked it up. With about 4 miles on the clock and an hour old someone reversed into it doing £3500 of damage.
I still feel sick just thinking about it !
ouch, i feel for you mate!
Spiney
Options: Dynaudio, Cruise, DRL's turned off!
Just added Premium mats and treadplates, because she's worth it!

Post by Spiney »

MKAndy wrote:
Spiney wrote:M40 last week. Following a Mondeo with elctrical tape holding his rear bumber together when a chunk fell off and slammed straight into my bonnet. Car had less than 500 miles on the clock and now has two small dents to Christen it!

Didn't you get his Reg mate? Pretty sure he'd be liable for having a non roadworthy car, even if he has an MOT, bits flying off making it dangerous.
Hi MKAndy

Many thanks for your feedback. Yep, I did get the reg and reported it to the Police who groaned when they realised they had to fill out a form. Frankly after other experiences with the Police over the years (on the right side :shake: ) I'm not expecting much help. Expect I'll get a victims support leaflet through the door any day :no:

I think the best I can hope for is to cause the guy as much grief as possible, oh well :shrug:
The Kitchen Shop
http://www.just-cooking.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sideshow bob
In: Deep Black
Options: DAB, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Winter Pack, Flat Tyre Indicator, Parrot Hands Free Kit, Carpet Mats, Candy White accessory pack.......

Post by sideshow bob »

My lad christened the car with a small "bladder malfunction" on sunday.

Hopefully the cloth will clean up OK.
Anyone got any good tips for cleaning the fabric seats?
Find a better way of life at Marillion.com
Bloke654
In: Salsa Red
Options: Bluetooth
Dynaudio
Mats

Post by Bloke654 »

Mine's happening right now. My 'Rocco is being delivered tomorrow morning and these last few hours of waiting are agonising! :cry:
callum2009
Options: Vienna Leather (black) + Dynaudio Soundpack + Rear Parking Sensors + Electric Door Mirrors

Post by callum2009 »

Probably still the front right puncture I got on the way back from a camping trip going over absolutely terrible roads.

Lease covers wear & tear tho so was replaced the next morning for no fee :P
S8N
Options: Sunfoof, Vienna Leather, parking sensors

Post by S8N »

justsean wrote:my worst moment was when i saw a beautiful rising blue scirocco (exactly the one/spec i want) but shortly after my circumstances changed i il have to wait now! :(

honestly cant wait though and im sure that will make it all the more special.
It will be and it will be worth it :)
Bully
Options: Black leather, winter pack, panoramic roof

Post by Bully »

For me it would be coming out of my house one morning to find muddy footprints on the roof and a big dent in the bonnet where some little scrote jumped off the roof as he ran across the top :(

Just 5 minutes with him in a locked room, that's all i ask for!
S8N
Options: Sunfoof, Vienna Leather, parking sensors

Post by S8N »

Realising that 24k miles a year costs over 3k in fuel and that I need to get a diesel thus... bye bye ROC as soon as I find a suitable candidate.... and that I need to do it really soon :(
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

my worst scirocco moment ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i dont think i have one, and to be honest im not too fussed about selling it (too interested in moving out) im not saying the car is shit in anyway, but i have now realised that i should never buy a new car again (allthough i have only lost a grand in 6 months) as in most cases its a waste of money, and i could have got alot of second hand car for 22.5k, but the experience was good and i was please to be one of the first to do my mods if not the first in some cases, hopefully it has helped people and showed them not to be scared in making your car how you want it.

just thought of a bad moment, i dropped a bit of chocolate on my seat and it was a pain in the ass to clean lol
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
md_halifax
In: Rising Blue
Options: rev sensors, dynaudio, debadged

Post by md_halifax »

After a week of ownership I reversed mine into the garage (which is at a funny angle due to it being a shared drive), rubbed the front driver's side against the downpipe on the house causing 5 or 6 light scratches on the front bumper. As you can imagine the air was blue, I was gutted. Sadly the scratches were deep enough to require a bumper off job and £300 bill, that also turned the air blue. It stays on the drive now. :(