Headlamp Washers

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
danbailey77
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre Indicator and mats.

Headlamp Washers

Post by danbailey77 »

Hi,

Picked my car up on thursday and absolutely love it. Even better than i had hoped.

I got the winter pack which includes the headlamp washers and the one on the drivers side sprays on the side of the car and up the bonnet.

Anyone else noticed this or know how to adjust them?

Thanks,
Dan
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Re: Headlamp Washers

Post by rehmondo »

Mine hit both the lamps head on, they may have been mis-aligned during delivery ask your dealer to have a look.

Anyone know how you can just clear your screen and not the lights, as sometimes its just the screen I want to clear but the lights get cleaned at the same time, and other times I want to show them off to someone and they don't come out everytime.
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

Headlights get cleaned every 5th time you use the washer system as long as the dipped or main beam's are on. Don't think you can get them to work independant of the windscreen washer's. Switch your lights to sidelights and the headlight washers won't work when you use the wash system.
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Thanks iroc!
stan_blade
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Front lux mats, rear rubber mats, Sat Nav, Pano roof, Auto Glym, GT st-wheel badge, Prem door sills, Boot liner, Metal Pedals.
23k miles and rising. Stone chips galore.

Post by stan_blade »

It was pretty cold this morning -6.5 when I got out the car and I have noticed that one of the headlamp washers has not returned to its parked position. Anyone else had this before? is it because it is frozen up?

when the car heats up will it reset? or should I call the dealer....

cheers

stan
polo classic
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: H&R Ultra-lows and BBS RS-GT 9,5 20

Post by polo classic »

Noticed this on mine on Saturday too. And the washers for the window was not working. Had to pull in at every gas station to clean the windows
Jacktherat

Post by Jacktherat »

Last edited by Jacktherat on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chr15

Post by chr15 »

The fuse is solely for the headlamp washers. I have had mine disconnected on mine for a year now. I know your supposed to have them with Xenon's but I have never had the need to use them and hate the mess they make.
stan_blade
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Front lux mats, rear rubber mats, Sat Nav, Pano roof, Auto Glym, GT st-wheel badge, Prem door sills, Boot liner, Metal Pedals.
23k miles and rising. Stone chips galore.

Post by stan_blade »

Thanks chaps, the rain here has thawed it and the washer has returned to the park position. I think I might pull the fuse out too.
jonosussex
In: Indium Grey
Options: sunroof, leather, satnav, reversing sensors, cruise, winter pack, headlight washers, folding mirrors..

Post by jonosussex »

I had the same problem - except that the painted cover broke off (I assume because of the frost). the washer unit then remained out for about a ady while it thawed!

I asked the dealer how they could be disabled and they said by removing the relay - which they have done - but if I run on sidelights - won't that disable them too? Can anyone point me at where the relay should go for when i want to replace it?

Jono
1996-1999 Mazda 323 2.0 V6
1999-2002 Celica 190
2002-2005 Celica T-sport
2005-2008 Golf GTi
2008-2011 'Roc 2.0 TSi manual - Rising Blue
2011- ?? Roc 2.0 TSi DSG Indium Grey
detinU

Post by detinU »

Has anyone found a clever solution for the messy washers?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

take the fuse out :yes:

S
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

It's fuse 36 in the side dash fuse panel, 20amp, solely for the H/L washers (5th row down, 5th fuse (yellow) from the front of the car) . Unless they have changed it at Wk45/09 production.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
detinU

Post by detinU »

Cheers, I'll give that a try :nod:
Richard A
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: SatNav, Winter Pack, Flat Tyre Indicator, Bi-Xenons

Post by Richard A »

You can make the headlamp washers perform on demand by pulling the screenwash (wiper stalk) towards you 3 times in quick succession.
fun meter
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: MY12, 19" wheels, Leather, RNS510, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Premium mats, MDI...

Post by fun meter »

On mine, if you want screen washers you pull and hold it as normal. If you want headlight washers to work, you 'blip' the right stalk towards you (like you do if you flash your headlights).
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

All, I have this issue now, except, I'm not sure if it's gonna go back to it's seated position or not. It's a little bit stuck up now not flush at all. Good job I'm going back to the garage next week. I don't know what to do. I wont take the fuse out yet, but how can I reset it? I have no idea how it even activates, but as I said, when it gets sorted, I'll take out the fuse to stop this!