DSG whining...

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Post Reply
SargeR
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2026 6:25 pm
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

DSG whining...

Post by SargeR »

Hi All,

This is my first newbie post, so go easy on me! :D

I'm now on my 3rd Scirocco... :vibes:

First I had a manual 2009 TDI 170, then a manual 2017 R and now a DSG 2018 R.

My question relates to my 2018 DSG R, which I purchased from a VW dealer with a VW Warranty...

I've noticed the DSG gearbox is a bit 'whiney', particularly in 1st Gear pulling away slowly and also in 3rd gear around 20mph. The car has only covered 26,000 and has just had a new DSG gearbox, but it still whines :(

Is this normal, as the dealer says the older DSG boxes do whine?

Thanks guys :yes:

Cheers,

Richard.
1.4_tsi
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2025 12:14 am
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Flash Red
With a: Manual box
Options: Factory fitted:
Parking sensors, front and rear
Electric folding mirrors
Smoking pack
Retrofitted:
Cruise control
Location: West Midlands

Re: DSG whining...

Post by 1.4_tsi »

Similar reports here on Golf Mk7, suggesting not a problem:

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/3929 ... box-whine/
2017 VW Scirocco 1.4 TSI 125 PS Flash Red
Post Reply