Need help with a gear box selector

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
OGSalman-
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Night Blue
Options: Body kit

Need help with a gear box selector

Post by OGSalman- »

Hi all,
i have an issue with my gearbox (DSG) where when i put it into semi-auto i am unable to shift down without feeling resistance, if i push hard it will drop a gear but will make a loud clicking sound. when i hold the gear button and then shift down there is no problem. Theres no issue shifting up, only shifting down. I have taken it to the garage this week and was told i need a new gear selector. id like to know if the last 2 digits on the part number make a big difference with the gear selector. my part number is 5K2 713 025 BJ, I have found a replacement gear selector but the part number for that is 5K2 713 025 CS. i have a 2015 scirocco where as the gear selector i have found is from a 2018 scirocco. could anyone help me with this? are golf gear selectors the same? Thanks in advance
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Re: Need help with a gear box selector

Post by bigkris06 »

In honesty, I’d stick to the original part number including the letters. It may work okay as it may be a superseded part number.
But often they may have slight differences or may be from a 6 or 7 speed auto box.
If you are buying online from a business seller you could always remove yours and compare before fitting, if it looks and operates the same it’s worth a try if not you can simply return it as you get 14 days from the date of delivery to return (please bear in mind this is only applicable to business sellers)