Smokers Pack

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
mark_mcd

Smokers Pack

Post by mark_mcd »

Hi,

I have read a heap about the Smokers pack option being highly popular due to the various compartments it adds etc. Can someone actually post up a set of images of what you are actually getting vs standard fit? A bit confused as to what the standard car has compared to smokers pack and can not remember what was in dealers car.

Thanks in advance.
Recce
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: Black Vienna leather seats, Interlagos, DAB Radio, Rear parking sensor

Re: Smokers Pack

Post by Recce »

I've pinched these photo from Arlurt's thread on how to install the smoker's pack post delivery. No pre-pictures I'm afraid

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =12&t=1060

morrissey
In: Deep Black
Options: Golf R, 3 door, manual, leather, sunroof, 19" alloys, ACC, cruise, comfort and storage packs

Post by morrissey »

If you get a chance to spec it , do it as it's only about £15 iirc.
I retro fitted mine for about £75.

It's dead easy to fit, apart from removing and refitting the charging socket.
Without that it'd be a 15 minute job.
mark_mcd

Post by mark_mcd »

Had seen those photos. Do you get the sliding cup holder thing next to the handbrake too? What does the ashtray look like without the pack fitted?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

mark_mcd wrote:Do you get the sliding cup holder thing next to the handbrake too?
no thats a bit that some have fitted from the golf r32 interior, its usually 2 cup shaped holes.
mark_mcd wrote:What does the ashtray look like without the pack fitted?
an empty tray (am hoping someone can take some up close pics & post them please....)

S
mark_mcd

Post by mark_mcd »

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/65/12062009425r.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
raffoul232
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

Its a must for smockers pack. If you dont get it then you will have 2 storage units: a storage unit under steering wheel and one at the place of the smocking tray. So its better to just have the ahstray and lighter in there. Only one small prob, the lighter does not work that well :shrug:

Heres mine:
ALL MODS ON HOLD
Duffman
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Xenons, Leather seats, winterpack, cruise control, rear parking sensors, Dynaudio, flat tyre sensor, F & R mats, supagard and a smokers pack for a non smoker

Post by Duffman »

Hi Raffoul,

I've ordered a Rocco with the smokers pack after reading the case for it vs the open compartment and notice you have the cig lighter in your pic. Silly question but can you actually take out the lighter and use a standard 12v charger (eg phone charger, sat nav etc) as either thats a small lighter or the buttons are bigger than I remember in my test drive! :D
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Duffman wrote:Hi Raffoul,

I've ordered a Rocco with the smokers pack after reading the case for it vs the open compartment and notice you have the cig lighter in your pic. Silly question but can you actually take out the lighter and use a standard 12v charger (eg phone charger, sat nav etc) as either thats a small lighter or the buttons are bigger than I remember in my test drive! :D
Yes, it is just a standard 12v socket with a lighter inserted so you can use it to charge / power devices by just removing the lighter. In theory you could remove the 12v cap on a non smokers pack car and fit a lighter and it will work also.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
raffoul232
In: Candy White
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

Well duffman, jonallen628 is right. To be honest i never used a phone charger or sat/nav to help you there. But i have used a black and decker dust buster and it worked perfectly. Just a question why would you get the smoking package if you are a nonsmoker?
ALL MODS ON HOLD
jonallen628
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

raffoul232 wrote: Just a question why would you get the smoking package if you are a nonsmoker?
Purely for the reason that the smokers pack has a lid on it which some think is a neater look than the open storage compartment on the standard console. :yes:

Duffman
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Xenons, Leather seats, winterpack, cruise control, rear parking sensors, Dynaudio, flat tyre sensor, F & R mats, supagard and a smokers pack for a non smoker

Post by Duffman »

jonallen628 wrote:
raffoul232 wrote: Just a question why would you get the smoking package if you are a nonsmoker?
Purely for the reason that the smokers pack has a lid on it which some think is a neater look than the open storage compartment on the standard console. :yes:

Jon / Raffoul thanks for your responses, I thought it would be as much but always good to check. The main reason for adding the smokers pack was to make the centre console, as Jon says, look a little more pleasing to the eye than just a compartment collecting dust (somewhere less to vac!) Plus the dealer offered it for no extra cost after I had already agreed the spec (so cant complain really!)

Havent seen any comparison shots of the rear seats smokers pack vs non smoker but can't imagine it adds that much excitement.
BTW Jon, read your posts regarding for and against xenons and was pretty convinced they were the right choice, havent seen a Pewter yet with them (unless someone has some pics to show) so will be interesting to see what it looks like with them on. Xenons look great in both white and black so hoping they look just as good in Pewter! Ordered week 25. Patience is a virtue I'm quickly learning with the Scirocco lol :yes:
jonallen628

Post by jonallen628 »

Duffman wrote:
jonallen628 wrote:

Jon / Raffoul thanks for your responses, I thought it would be as much but always good to check. The main reason for adding the smokers pack was to make the centre console, as Jon says, look a little more pleasing to the eye than just a compartment collecting dust (somewhere less to vac!) Plus the dealer offered it for no extra cost after I had already agreed the spec (so cant complain really!)

Havent seen any comparison shots of the rear seats smokers pack vs non smoker but can't imagine it adds that much excitement.
BTW Jon, read your posts regarding for and against xenons and was pretty convinced they were the right choice, havent seen a Pewter yet with them (unless someone has some pics to show) so will be interesting to see what it looks like with them on. Xenons look great in both white and black so hoping they look just as good in Pewter! Ordered week 25. Patience is a virtue I'm quickly learning with the Scirocco lol :yes:
The mention of a rear ashtray as part of the smokers pack is actually incorrect as there isn't one, at least i haven't found anything in the back and neither has anyone else as far as i know. Another error in the brochure unfortunately.

trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

jonallen628 wrote:The mention of a rear ashtray as part of the smokers pack is actually incorrect as there isn't one, at least i haven't found anything in the back and neither has anyone else as far as i know. Another error in the brochure unfortunately.
I seem to remember someone finding out Jon that there can not be a rear ashtray due to the lack of opening windows in the back of the car.

S
Evil Derboy
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Last edited by Evil Derboy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ABN1C
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Leather, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Smokers Pack, Piano Black Interior Trim, Fiscon Bluetooth, Covered Cup Holder, Metal Pedals

Post by ABN1C »

It was myself who contacted VW Customer Services regarding the lack of rear ashtray and they told me the official reason was the lack of rear opening windows. They said the brochure will be updated in the future.

A lot of rubbish if you ask me.