Anyone lowered on Eibach Pro Springs?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
3t3p
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Anyone lowered on Eibach Pro Springs?

Post by 3t3p »

I like Eibach's approach, modest lowering of 15mm front 10mm at the rear and designed to work with OEM dampers.
Only about £110 on eBay. I think as I'm a manual car I need the 1050kg front axle weight spring set? DSG is 1090kg?

I wouldn't want daily ride to suffer too much however!:) Would probably get anti lift fitted at same time as needs an alignment after lowering springs fitment.

Also how much mechanic time roughly to do all four springs?
Angelod001
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynaudio, 19 inch wheels

Re: Anyone lowered on Eibach Pro Springs?

Post by Angelod001 »

I’m looking at those springs too, interested to hear if anyone has any experience with them.
Angelod001
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio, 19 inch wheels

Post by Angelod001 »

Just had the Eibachs fitted this weekend. Loads of speed bumps where I live and I’m very happy with the results, very subtle but with the springs plus spacers the overall look is much better. Happy to post some pictures if anyone wants to see
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

Angelod001 wrote:Just had the Eibachs fitted this weekend. Loads of speed bumps where I live and I’m very happy with the results, very subtle but with the springs plus spacers the overall look is much better. Happy to post some pictures if anyone wants to see
Post them lol
Crucifixzz
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Hybrid K04 Turbo by Loba

Post by Crucifixzz »

it's good value for money but the standard shock absorber (even DCC) can't cope with it well. standard shock absorber can travel too much
Owen_R-Line_DSG
I drive a: R-Line
In: Pure White

Post by Owen_R-Line_DSG »

I just got H&R 30-35mm Lowering Springs for both the front and rear. They make a massive difference to the look of the car but it's not too much, it rides really well and doesn't even catch on speed bums/humps. Obviously the suspension is a little stiffer but it's a lot better than I was expecting. Could still do long distance journeys on them no problem. My car is the Scirocco R-Line facelift with 19" alloys too. Genuinely very impressed with my H&R springs, causes me no inconvenience what so ever. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
DubSteve68
In: Indium Grey
Options: LEATHER/DUAL ZONE CLIMATE/RLS

Mods:

RNS-510*
CRUISE CONTROL*
REMOTE FOLDING MIRRORS WITH REVERSE DIP*
R-LINE SMOKED/CHERRY REAR CLUSTERS*
SMOKED FRONT INDICATORS*
BCM CODED FOR LED LIGHTING*
DUAL REAR FOGS*
FRONT FOGS AS DRL (PRL OFF, SIDELIGHTS OFF IN DRL CHANNEL)*

Post by DubSteve68 »

Owen_R-Line_DSG wrote:I just got H&R 30-35mm Lowering Springs for both the front and rear. They make a massive difference to the look of the car but it's not too much, it rides really well and doesn't even catch on speed bums/humps.
That's exactly how a Scirocco should look straight from the factory. It's funny, we're expected to assume manufacturers know what they're doing engineering-wise and yet for some reason nobody at VW seemed to notice how they'd hobbled the Scirocco's gorgeous coupe looks with springs better suited to an all-purpose family hatch. No doubt they made their choice as a concession to overall comfort which is what people want from a family hatch but it's not the sort of compromise people expect from a line of cars with sporting aspirations.

So close VW but don't worry, the community knows how to finish the job properly :D

Cheers, DubSteve
Genuine VCDS and VCP System available in North West - Burnley/Pendle/Ribble Valley/Craven areas. PM me if in need.
RossiD93
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Sunroof, apple car play, keyless start and entry

Post by RossiD93 »

Probably a really daft question… but when you lowered the car, did you need to adjust the camber? Or could you simply just swap stock springs for lowering springs and get a full wheel alignment?

Just wanted to know if you need to also buy adjustable camber bolts too. 👍🏼
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

I have Eibach Pro's and cant fault them - close to OE feel and just the slightest bit lower to improve the stance of the car
Hollow
I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey

Post by Hollow »

Owen_R-Line_DSG wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:44 pm I just got H&R 30-35mm Lowering Springs for both the front and rear. They make a massive difference to the look of the car but it's not too much, it rides really well and doesn't even catch on speed bums/humps. Obviously the suspension is a little stiffer but it's a lot better than I was expecting. Could still do long distance journeys on them no problem. My car is the Scirocco R-Line facelift with 19" alloys too. Genuinely very impressed with my H&R springs, causes me no inconvenience what so ever. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Doood, you got a link to these springs? im defo interested in getting a set for me rocco!
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Post by bigkris06 »

These are the ones I am looking at for mine are in the link below. Plus from Demon Tweeks eBay store so you can be 100% sure they are genuine.
They are also available directly from demon tweeks but they are a little more expensive and you have to pay p&p. Or if you would prefer Eurocarparts do them.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313425084943 ... R8S7wautYw