Delivery Delay

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Scirocco Bhoy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors, Premium Mats, Dynaudio

Delivery Delay

Post by Scirocco Bhoy »

Just had a call from my VW salesman saying that my build week isn't until week 45! I ordered my car last Wednesday 8th July.

He was saying apparently VW only allocate so many models of each car to build and they have reached the allocation. The didn't expect demand to be so high for Sciroccos. I have been told they are working on it and expect something to be sorted out ASAP.

I'm not that bothered about the delay as it probably means i can register it as a 2010 car at the start of january. The only thing is the 4 month period for the Govt Scrappage Scheme. The salesman said they will reapply for this after 4 months and shouldn't have any problems getting the £2000 fee.

Fingers crossed it all goes ok.....just a bit longer wait for me now! :no:
Dr_Doug
In: Candy White

Re: Delivery Delay

Post by Dr_Doug »

Assuming, of course, that there will still be money left in the Government fund in 4 months time....which I would reckon is too close to call at this point. I'd keep an eye on general motoring news sites for updates on this if I were you.

Perhaps the dealer can cancel the reserved scrappage allowance after 2 months (late August, early September) and then reapply for a fresh allocation (rather than wait for the 4 months to expire)? More likely to be money left in the pot this way.
Dr_Doug

Post by Dr_Doug »

Spiney
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Dynaudio, Cruise, DRL's turned off!
Just added Premium mats and treadplates, because she's worth it!

Post by Spiney »

What about calling other VW dealers till you find one who still has a Scirocco allocation left? That lead time is Crazy! Ordered mine end of May and picking it up next week.
The Kitchen Shop
http://www.just-cooking.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Downtown_two
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: -
19" Talledega
Recaro Seats
Cruise Control
Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Post by Downtown_two »

Don't mean to drag up this topic but I find your build date a bit odd considering I ordered my Rocco on Sunday 19th of July and have been given my build at week 40. Allocation patter sounds like a bit of a fob off to me.
GT 140 TDI
Ordered - 19th July 2009
Built - 21st September 2009
Pickup - 21st October 2009

Gone!
AL1874
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Folding mirrors, Reversing sensors, Continental headlamps, Insect collection evenly distributed over front end.

Post by AL1874 »

In this day and age with car companies losing millions you think they would bend over backwards for your trade.

Surely VW must have a mechanism in place to review projected sales figures as real sales dictate.

i.e. change production at a plant from a poor selling model to one which is in high demand or at least increase production in Portugal to meet demand.
TÜV Approved, Nürburgring Tested.
ffiish
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Climate control, DAB radio, Dynaudio

Post by ffiish »

AL1874 wrote:In this day and age with car companies losing millions you think they would bend over backwards for your trade.

Surely VW must have a mechanism in place to review projected sales figures as real sales dictate.

i.e. change production at a plant from a poor selling model to one which is in high demand or at least increase production in Portugal to meet demand.

I was thinking about this yesterday - they've already cut back the workforce, and workforce hours to cope with the recession. Better for them to string out sales over a long period until things pick up, rather than recruit more staff/increase hours in the short term to meet demand, only to have to pay out further redundancy money, or engage in discussions with the unions for a second time if sales slow down further.