am I being unreasonable

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
wullie636
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: dynaudio dab leather mats premium sills

am I being unreasonable

Post by wullie636 »

I am looking to see if I am being unreasonable my car has been in the dealers for the past seven days ( still there) to have a small rattle fixed that is coming from the nearside quarter panel I think it should have been fixed by now. Am I unreasonable or is the dealer hopless and does anyone have any suggestions how I should approach this situation as I am growing very frustrated by it. Also has anyone dealt with VW customer services?
S8N
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Sunfoof, Vienna Leather, parking sensors

Re: am I being unreasonable

Post by S8N »

NO! You are not unreasonable at all. Now a question:

Have they kept you regularly updated and explained that they have kept the car because they are having trouble resolving the issue? It may well be they are stumped but are trying. That is different to "bottom of the pile of work".
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

If they know what the issue is, then they should know how long it is going to take to put right. I'd ask them if they've got to the bottom of the fault and how long they expect things to take, how long to get the parts in etc.

If they can't tell you that, then ring up VW UK. They might help push things through, but my experiences with VW UK are crap. When a bus hit my parked Golf, there was around £6000 worth of work, it was a 2 week job after they had all the parts in. The parts took 2 weeks to come in, so I was without my car for 4 weeks? Nope, 7 weeks! They didn't even start on my car until week 5. They botched the work, and all VW UK did was to get the VW approved bodyshop to offer me a free valet. I turned the valet down seeing as one of my gripes was they left the car filthy and full of metal shards when I first got it back.

VW UK were pissed off when I turned down the valet, as they couldn't close my complaint case as satisfactorarily resolved.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Evil Derboy
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Last edited by Evil Derboy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wullie636

Post by wullie636 »

Thanks for the replies the trouble I have had is that no one from the dealer can give me a straight answer the mechanic says they have found where it is coming from but don't know how to resolve it the service manager tells me they have not found it. I have not been kept up to date I have to call them all the time for updates. So as you can see I don't know what way to turn and by the sounds of it VW customer care are just as bad
klippie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Post by klippie »

Its very frustrating I know, don't call them go to the dealers its much better face to face and ask to speak to the service manager be polite but firm ask what the problem is and why its taking so long to resolve a minor issue. Give them a deadline to finish the work, don't be unreasonable remember most of the dealers are busy places but don't be fobbed of with any bullshit either and ask for a written report of the work they've carried out so far that usually gets things moving. Keep a note of everything you've spoke about names/times/dates the lot if push comes to shove its handy.

As for VW customer care my recent dealings with them when my car blew-up were very good I can't complian, when you call them just make sure that VW and the dealer are singing from the same hymn sheet as there are different agendas going on its not the first time I've been told one thing was going to happen but another actually took place.

Good luck I’am sure you’ll get it all fixed in the end... :yes:
jc74
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Cruise Control, Leather, Sunroof, DVD Satnav, Parking Sensors

Post by jc74 »

I think you're not being unreasonable.
However, I've got a couple of rattles and would rather try to fix them myself than go through the hassle and leave the car with the dealers. My car was left in sport mode last time I left it in :shrug: , and almost always have the car in normal mode...

Anyway, must say I'm a bit disappointed with the build quality, my Mk5 Golf I had a few years ago was better built.
My last few experiences were with bmws and yes they're more expensive, but the dealers were competant (in comparison) and the cars themselves were rock solid, no rattles etc..
sideshow bob
Options: DAB, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Winter Pack, Flat Tyre Indicator, Parrot Hands Free Kit, Carpet Mats, Candy White accessory pack.......

Post by sideshow bob »

Not unreasonable.

My car has just gone back for some faults found on delivery - a chip on the tailgate, a chip on the bonnet, a badly fitted rear number plate (really), and the lights being "on" all the time, despite not being a legal requirement.
Those 4 are being sorted out FOC - including the daytime running lights! The dealer knows how to do it and isn't trying to fob me off with excuses :clap: :clap:

Additionally, the centre arm rest linkage broke after one week, and now won't sit in the lower position due to a piece of broken plastic restricting movement. So that's getting sorted too.

BTW it is a company car, and I am Mr. Picky! :D
Find a better way of life at Marillion.com
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

sideshow bob wrote:Not unreasonable.

My car has just gone back for some faults found on delivery - a chip on the tailgate, a chip on the bonnet, a badly fitted rear number plate (really), and the lights being "on" all the time, despite not being a legal requirement.
Those 4 are being sorted out FOC - including the daytime running lights! The dealer knows how to do it and isn't trying to fob me off with excuses :clap: :clap:

Additionally, the centre arm rest linkage broke after one week, and now won't sit in the lower position due to a piece of broken plastic restricting movement. So that's getting sorted too.

No you are not being picky. The things you describe are what you would hope they would pick up on before they even hand the car over. Do they think we are stupid :mad: :mad: :mad:
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
Spiney
Options: Dynaudio, Cruise, DRL's turned off!
Just added Premium mats and treadplates, because she's worth it!

Post by Spiney »

silver130 wrote:
sideshow bob wrote:Those 4 are being sorted out FOC - including the daytime running lights! The dealer knows how to do it and isn't trying to fob me off with excuses
Dear Mr Picky!

Could you tell me which dealer knows how to do this? I'm collecting next week and want to have them turned off too. I'd be handy to be able to reference a dealership who knows how to do it when they tell me it can't be done!

Cheers
Spiney
The Kitchen Shop
http://www.just-cooking.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sideshow bob
Options: DAB, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Winter Pack, Flat Tyre Indicator, Parrot Hands Free Kit, Carpet Mats, Candy White accessory pack.......

Post by sideshow bob »

Spiney wrote:
silver130 wrote:
sideshow bob wrote:Those 4 are being sorted out FOC - including the daytime running lights! The dealer knows how to do it and isn't trying to fob me off with excuses
Dear Mr Picky!

Could you tell me which dealer knows how to do this? I'm collecting next week and want to have them turned off too. I'd be handy to be able to reference a dealership who knows how to do it when they tell me it can't be done!

Cheers
Spiney
It's Arthur Prince
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/retailers/516

But several dealers know/will do it. Elsewhere on the forum is a "how to" set of screenshots of what to do!
Spiney
Options: Dynaudio, Cruise, DRL's turned off!
Just added Premium mats and treadplates, because she's worth it!

Post by Spiney »

Many thanks Sideshow Bob,

Seen various threads but don't recall being able to disable them completely, thought you could only swap dipped for side lights etc.

Thanks again
The Kitchen Shop
http://www.just-cooking.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wullie636

Post by wullie636 »

Took some of your advice and spoke to the service manager and told him in no uncertain terms that i was not impressed with the level of service. He informed me that they could not pin point exactly where the rattle was coming from and couldn't say how long they would be. As you can imagineI was less that pleased so I went to the dealer and spoke to the mechanic who is working on my car and he told me that the service manager didn't know what he was talking about and he informed me that the noise was coming from the rear nearside seatbelt and a new one was on order and should be fitted on Thursday. As you can see you don't know who to trust but I will wait and see.If I get it back on Thursday that will have been 11 days for a rattle god helpme should I need serious work done
drnick
In: Rising Blue
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Post by drnick »

Spiney wrote:Many thanks Sideshow Bob,

Seen various threads but don't recall being able to disable them completely, thought you could only swap dipped for side lights etc.

Thanks again
mine are off completely, but this was done in November last year........
sideshow bob

Post by sideshow bob »

sideshow bob wrote:Not unreasonable.

The car was delivered back to me today, with all my niggles sorted, including the daytime running lights. :yes: Now I get to choose if I want the lights on!

:clap: Top marks to Arthur Prince for doing what I wanted. :clap:
wullie636

Post by wullie636 »

had to contact the dealer again today as they seem to find it difficult to call and was told that the seatbelt had not arrived due to having explosive charge on it it has to come via a special delivery and this would take another three days and all going well I may get my car back on Wednesday two weeks after I put it in for a rattle. As you can imagine what a joke I contacted VW customer services who agree with me that the time is unacceptable and they are looking into it I will wait and see what they do if anything. As you can imagine this has left me very angry and disappointed by the whole experience and this will be my last VW. Due to they incompetence of the dealer I have cancelled an order for a new golf for my wife which I had bought through the same dealer as a mark of protest and as you can imagine VW and the sales manger are NOT happy with the situation TOUGH . Dealers can't treat people like that