what should i get...

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.

which one would you pick...

Scirocco 2TSI GT
46%
New Golf GTI
6%
wait for Scirocco R
34%
Leon K1
4%
1-2 year old audi S3
4%
1-2 year old golf R32
6%

Total votes: 50

justsean

what should i get...

Post by justsean »

based on your ownership of the scirocco if you were in the position to pick out of options would you pick the scirocco again?

I absolutely love the unusual look of the scirocco, but the interior is a let down and its one of the slower hatchbacks out there now...

the bonus of getting the slightly older s3 or R32 is that i would be able to spend some cash on modifying, so where the s3 is emotionless and lacks personality i would be able to spend a little bit on it to make it the car i want.

If i went for a new scirocco/R/Golf GTI i wouldnt be able to modify it for a good year or so...but they look massively better.

what would you do...?
klippie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Re: what should i get...

Post by klippie »

Save up a bit more and buy a Porsche Caymen S, lovely car... :yummy:
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

depends on what you are looking for, r32 isn't massively tunable but has soul, s3's you get serious power and tuning potential with 4wd but steering feel is a bit pants

i'd look for a 1-2 year old ed30 and mod away :D
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
DavidH
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather, Xenons, Dynaudio, Factory Bluetooth and Mats

Post by DavidH »

i think any would be a fine choice, but i love the GT, it's just a perfect allrounder as a road car. Extremely comfortable, long-legged, and still fun. It's plenty quick and fun to drive without sacrificing comfort. Any increase in perfomance is pretty negligable in the real world, and non-existant in the case of any of the cars listed. To me it's a true modern day GT actually, a very capable road car.
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

R32!! I'm just waiting for the right 5 door to turn up :)

AWD, 3.2 V6, love the Recaro upgraded seats, big boot, the noise oh the noise, silky smooth (no turbo lag), very stable at high speeds, no torque steer, no grip issues in the wet or wheel spin, no understeer issues, rare, bigger brakes and lower stance, last chance to own a hatchback with a V6 lump.

Just a few reasons off the top of my head why I am in the process of making the change from the Scirocco (2.0 GT, DSG, K&N, Milltek, Superchips) of course the other main reason is the fact the scirocco isnt easy when you are starting a family and a 5 door golf is better suited, I also like the way the golf is under stated.

I loved the Scirocco but I always ended up in my brothers R32 all the time as I just use to have a silly grin on my face when going for run through the lanes, but the scirocco always use to come out for a cruise and a pose
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

Cupra K1, white with black alloys, lush...
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

albertz33 wrote:Cupra K1, white with black alloys, lush...
evil looking car the K1,seat are also putting the R engine in the cupra, i'm hoping to get a spin in the revo one on wednesday as the GTI is booked in for stage 1, i have a feeling there will be a fight for the GTI keys after this given it should be nudging 300bhp which should be enough for some rocco baiting :clap:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
justsean

Post by justsean »

quite like the SEAT cupra's but i had the older shape Cupra R, awesome car but think i should be out there experiencing some different cars now! I guess the new Cupra R will be another option when they release that just to keep me confused...