Question about the electric windows

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
dchuraman
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Question about the electric windows

Post by dchuraman »

When the car is unlocked or the doors are opened, im sure youre all aware the windows pops down a little to allow easy opening. This morning, by car was frozen solid, which meant the doors were sealed. I pulled the handle and the window didnt go down due to the ice, so i pulled a bit harder and the door opened. Eventually got all the ice melted and drove to work.

My question is, can anyone check how far the windows come down when they open their door? Im sure that now mine come down further than before, leaving a slightly bigger gap than before. Maybe im just imagining it but just wanted to check.
They do close properly and go all the way up so that seems ok
Thanks
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Re: Question about the electric windows

Post by rehmondo »

There is a page on this issue in the manual, it says when the car is frozen do not attempt to open the doors.

I don't know the exact length but I presume it has to drop around 2cm. I've not come across this problem as of yet as I leave around later in the morning so by that time its not so frozen.

But check the manual, I think it just says to wait before the ice melts lol I don't recall it saying use a scrapper or de-icer etc

Hope that helps!
dchuraman

Post by dchuraman »

shows how much ive read! could be waiting hours before the doors are unfrozen if you have to get to work!
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Yeah I was going through the book to find out about the running in speeds.

My last car was used when I bought it so I wasn't that fussed about maintenance, but for this I'm going through everything.

Later on I'll try and post the page from the manual on this topic, so others can get to it easily.
wullie636
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: dynaudio dab leather mats premium sills

Post by wullie636 »

I'm sure it says in the manual to use a de-icer on the window near to the rubber before trying to open the doors to prevent damage to both window and seal
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

my wing mirrors made a nice creaking sound to when i unfolded them this morning, my windows drop a few mm beneath the seal
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

That's useful to know. I literally had to wrench the door open on my puma this morning :D
dchuraman

Post by dchuraman »

my windows open about 8-9mm, with a small gap into the car. Does this sound about normal?
pimp my roc
Options: Panna,truffle,winter pack

Post by pimp my roc »

I have just been sad enough to go out in the cold and check mine with a ruler, they open about 9/10 mm. I have had a few cars with frameless windows Mini/Subaru and my current Z4 Coupe and all have the same release mechanism (window down) to be honest if the window is frozen I just give em a good pull, if its really cold just pour some warm water over them (not boiling)
jntaras
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: xenons,rcd 510 dynaudio,park pilot,interlagos 18'',tyre pressure indicator

Post by jntaras »

i think if you push them up from their button for 5 seconds,they reset....this works on some cars...try it.