Scirocco Vienna Leather seats

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
foxy99
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Park Assist, DAB Radio, Tyre Pressure indicator

Scirocco Vienna Leather seats

Post by foxy99 »

Hi all I have ordered my GT 170 TDI with Park, DAB in Candy white but am mmin and arrin over leather seats at £1,560 they are a bit pricey and do not effect the residual in terms of payments so what do ya all think - are they worth it? The standard cloth is actually quite cool so not an easy decision. HELP im runnin out of time to amend my order!!!
drnick
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Re: Scirocco Vienna Leather seats

Post by drnick »

mine's got leather but only cos the car was already built. Yes it smells and feels really nice and gives the car a luxury, quality feel but I don't reckon it's worth a grand and a half. If i had the choice it would be xenons, DAB, nav and parking sensors. oh and some 19" Luganos. good luck ummin and ahhin!!

ps the pano roof looks awesome on a candy white!
klippie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Post by klippie »

I don't regret getting the leather one bit its fantastic, if you can afford it, buy it... :yes:
drmyers
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: SatNav, Leather (Truffle), Wint Pack, Girl Sensors, Smoking pack, Mats, Tele Prep, Tyre Pressure,

Post by drmyers »

Hi,

I also pondered over the same option of leather, at first I left it mainly because of the price jump on my PCP payments would be smaller, however after a long think and asking my friends, I called the dealer and changed to leather. I change because of the following reasons, it reduced the cost of the winter pack by about £110, and the feel and look of leather just felt right in the roc. Its not your average focus (Nothing wrong with them btw), its a pedigree in some weird fashion, so spoil it a little... :yes:

However my only fear now is that I have not seen the Truffle colour in the flesh, only pics from the web... but I'm sure our cars will look awsome..
foxy99 wrote:Hi all I have ordered my GT 170 TDI with Park, DAB in Candy white but am mmin and arrin over leather seats at £1,560 they are a bit pricey and do not effect the residual in terms of payments so what do ya all think - are they worth it? The standard cloth is actually quite cool so not an easy decision. HELP im runnin out of time to amend my order!!!
foxy99
Options: Park Assist, DAB Radio, Tyre Pressure indicator

Post by foxy99 »

Hi all - Stopped MMin and RRin and have decided to stick with Merlin Cloth, it looks pretty spart actualy and leather at £1560 extra or £50/month over 3 yeaRS seemed to be a ripp off, especially when the dealer said it would only effect the residual by around £250. Thanks for all you comments though
Pedronimus
Options: Black Leather Interior
Rear Parking Sensors
Bluetooth
Dynaudio
Cruise Control
Flat Tyre Indicator

Post by Pedronimus »

By the looks of it, you've already made you mind. But here's mu two cents...

I was recently in the same situation as you and totally couldn't decide. Yes, it's a lot of money, but in the end I opted for the leather. My reason - the leather comes with lumbar support which makes the seats soo much more comfortable. If you've not already - make sure you have a good sit in both the cloth and the leather to make sure you find them comfortable. For me, the backrest on the cloth felt too hollow (perhaps that's becuase I'm used to the lumbar support in my Golf). I do a lot of miles and plan to keep the car for a long time, so figured the leather was worth it in the end.