Need help!!!!, unlock car with dead battery

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
DomAtDorm
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: Manual box
Options: not so far

Need help!!!!, unlock car with dead battery

Post by DomAtDorm »

Hi,
I have a 2009 scirocco, the battery is completely dead, remote control doesn't work at all. I tried with the key to open the door, but it doesn't work either. I can only turn the key 90 degree the clockwise, yet it doesn't go the same to way when i turn counterclockwise, it feels like it's stuck somehow.

Is this normal to unlock the door with key like this?

Please if anyone have any idea on how to unlock the car at this condition!!! like maybe open the hood, so i can charge the battery so i can unlock the car again.

Thank you very very much in advance!!!!

/Dominik in Sweden.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Re: Need help!!!!, unlock car with dead battery

Post by Roy_01 »

I think it doesnt open because of the resistance of the window, it doesnt lower when the battery is dead.
Maybe you can help it a little by pushing the window seal out of the way a bit.
Other option is to try to grab the bonnet release cable. Take off driver side tire and inside fender protection. Behind it is the bonnet release cable.
DomAtDorm

Post by DomAtDorm »

Hi Roy_01, the window part was my concern while i'm waiting for any reply, yet i didn't actually try it minutes ago. I will try that and see it will help to open the door somehow.

I will try tomorrow to remove the tire and see if i can successfully reach bonnet release cable.

Thank you so much!

/Dominik
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

Just start in the right corner then you see quickly enough if its the window seal that is blocking the door.
No problem.
DomAtDorm

Post by DomAtDorm »

I've tried the window, it doesn't work. window doesn't even move at all and the handle doesn't feel right either when i tried to open the door. It feels door is totally locked.
I then checked the tire and i noticed sometimes better security is not always good. There's on special nut there and the tool is locked in the trunk....... So i can not remove the tire, but i will try to remove the protection somehow anyway, it seems possible to remove the protection.

Thank you very much anyway!
TitvsCaivs
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue

Post by TitvsCaivs »

I would just use a good amount of WD40 in the lock and try again with the key. If you manage to turn the key, you'll clearly hear the door lock open, after this just pull hard on the door, and the window will be just fine.
I had a similar problem with a flat battery but my door lock worked just fine but the window didn't lower. It flexes easily enough so that nonthing breaks when pulling harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DomAtDorm

Post by DomAtDorm »

Hi Roy_01, i luckily removed the protection, but there's more cover behind it... Will try under the car and see and put everything back, if i am lucky enough.

Hi TitvsCaivs, I will try more WD40 and see if it will help. I've tried some yesterday, maybe it's not enough.

Thank you guys!
DomAtDorm

Post by DomAtDorm »

Thanks to WD40, I put more this time. and magic happens. It's open and i put everything back as it was as well.

Thank you so much guys!
Technane
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black

Post by Technane »

Deadlocked maybe? Double lock press on remote? Dunno what it does with car in this situ + flat battery