Scirocco 1.4 tsi stage 1 issues

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
tSeL
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Etuners stage 1 100 RON ,custom exhaust , s3 intercooler , custom intake, tmg bov

Scirocco 1.4 tsi stage 1 issues

Post by tSeL »

Hi everyone, i am experiencing a wierd hesitation when i am near the revlimit with 3rd and 4th gear.My vcds doesnt show any missfires or ignition corrections.On 031 my requested lamda is 0.79 and my actual flactuates between 0.73-0.75 , also on 032 i get a positive 14.8% on WOT and like 5-8% on idle.Any thoughts?Thanks.
blower
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box

Re: Scirocco 1.4 tsi stage 1 issues

Post by blower »

Possible you have valve float issues. This primarily affects the 122ps turbo charged CAXA engines when they are pushed past 170bhp due to them having weaker exhaust valve springs installed.

I have heard that some CAVD 160ps twincharger engines have also had issues with exhaust valve float at the maximum rev range when mapped and pushed hard, possibly because some production runs have had weaker springs installed.
It usually causes misfires - but the misfire detection on these engines is crap at best so it may not be picked up by the misfire counters unless its severe constant misfiring.

If you haven't done so already - log boost pressures and N75 duty, to make sure there is nothing weird going on with the boost.
tSeL
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Etuners stage 1 100 RON ,custom exhaust , s3 intercooler , custom intake, tmg bov

Re: Scirocco 1.4 tsi stage 1 issues

Post by tSeL »

Thanks for the reply.Any idea which valve springs should i buy?What should i look at n75duty?Is there a chance of engine failure if i keep on driving it?thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk