CAR NET/APP CONNECT

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
tommo79
I drive a: R-Line
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Black edition

CAR NET/APP CONNECT

Post by tommo79 »

Trying to activate my car net and app connect via the online service but it wont recognize my car,has anyone else had this problem?
If not i'll take it to the dealer anyone know the price for activation? or a work around?

Cheers
bowen159

Re: CAR NET/APP CONNECT

Post by bowen159 »

I've got this on my phone. Complete waste of time. The only thing it allows you to do is send destinations to the nav. On the eGolf and GTE, you can control aircon, heated seats and the charge status from the phone but this requires telematics with the Scirocco range doesn't support. For the first six months, it thought my car was a Passat!!! This was until they undated the app a couple of months back. The one useful thing the CARNET gives you is the Google Maps traffic info on the factory nav. You get this for free for the first 3 years. I had mine from new so not sure if it's been registered to the previous owner. Dealer should sort it or call VW customer service. I registered mine on the website (http://vwcarnet.com/setup/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).
tommo79
I drive a: R-Line
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Black edition

Re: CAR NET/APP CONNECT

Post by tommo79 »

bowen159 wrote:I've got this on my phone. Complete waste of time. The only thing it allows you to do is send destinations to the nav. On the eGolf and GTE, you can control aircon, heated seats and the charge status from the phone but this requires telematics with the Scirocco range doesn't support. For the first six months, it thought my car was a Passat!!! This was until they undated the app a couple of months back. The one useful thing the CARNET gives you is the Google Maps traffic info on the factory nav. You get this for free for the first 3 years. I had mine from new so not sure if it's been registered to the previous owner. Dealer should sort it or call VW customer service. I registered mine on the website (http://vwcarnet.com/setup/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Thanks Bowen shame about the telematics old fashioned scraping the windows and getting in a cold car for me then :cry: