Revo v APR Stage 1

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Tymondo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Revo v APR Stage 1

Post by Tymondo »

Ive been toying with a remap for the last 3 years and finally made the decision to just move forward and get one. I know its the age old question and will possibly boil down to opinion for most but i thought i would just get the general consensus before i take the plunge.

So after finally decided on going to a APR as the EMCS was included within their pricing, I spoke with them and i was advised that they have a 20% sale on for the rest of month. I want to remap my R to stage 1 and just wanted to confirm that the EMCS was included. I was told that as i didn't have cruise control that it wasn't included and if i wanted it i need to purchase a dongle to use those extra at £200. Overall it would be £631 / £679 if i went with APR.

Out of curiosity i spoke with Revo and there map is £499 plus the SPS switch at £99 meaning the 2 maps are around the same money.

In honesty im not likely to go any further than Stage 1 as i do love my cars but its an expensive hobby. I wanted to ask what peoples opinions are on them both or if anyone has actually had both maps and what they would do moving in my position?

My local dealer for APR is VRS and Revo is Northampton Motorsport.
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

daves2369
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: APR Stage 1
Heated Viena Leather,
18" interlagos alloys
RNS510,
Bluetooth 9w7,
Milltek Cat Back,
VWR Intake,
Cruise Control,
Parking sensors,
MK5 R32 345mm Setup,
Headlightretrofits bi-xenon

Re: Revo v APR Stage 1

Post by daves2369 »

Keep in mind the revo prices are ex VAT whereas APR are including vat, I'm with APR stage 1 and loving it!

After VAT they are the same price for the standard map but with APR's 20% sale at the minute APR is cheaper.
Tymondo
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Well that's a point well worth mentioning!

Thanks a lot
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

I'm pretty sure that it's £499 for a Scirocco R map inclusive of VAT.
Same engine as Audi S3 so hardly needs special seperate software.

APR is a bit more aggressive
Both are fine.

You will need cruise control to use map switching on APR without a dongle as you use the stalk to adjust..
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
Phil
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

To be fair it does say 499 excluding taxes where applicable on Revo website - however I do agree I think it will be 499 including tax speaking from others who have ventured down the revo path with their R's.
Phil
Mr OCD
In: Shadow Blue
Options: All of them ... lol

Post by Mr OCD »

At those prices I'd be going for dynamic mapping with R-Tech:

http://r-techperformance.co.uk/2-0-tfsi-stage-1-guide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
Phil
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Mr OCD wrote:At those prices I'd be going for dynamic mapping with R-Tech:

http://r-techperformance.co.uk/2-0-tfsi-stage-1-guide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've always been a revo fan boy, but just visited R-tech and can thoroughly recommend them aswell
Phil
xjay1337
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Rtech are very good, best in country for 1.8t and 2.0 tfsi mapping (as found in the R)
He is pretty good with tsi too. Bens car made over 270bhp on a stage 1 with intake and cat back.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
Psycho Kirky
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: MODS-
K&N Typhoon Induction kit
BCS Powervalve custom sport TBE
REVO Stage 2 remap
Airtec Stage 2 Intercooler
Forge diverter/recirculation valve
Sachs Performance clutch
'Heavy Set' silicone hoses
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

I would say for stage 1, a custom R-Tech map would be the best option. They will make sure your car is up to the task of being mapped and also give you the most power (safely) that YOUR car can give with the stage. As good as APR and Revo are (I have revo stage 3 and love it) they are still generic maps.

Sent Via tapatalk
mattyfitz
In: Candy White

Post by mattyfitz »

You should contact APR and Revo, I have an R without cruise, some ECU's internal memory isn't big enough to have the ability to have switchable maps stored on them, as was the case with mine. If that's the case you might as well go with a custom map
Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Thanks a lot for everyones input.

I have never really give much thought to a custom map. R-Tech are only an hour away from me so i think i may well give them a call and run it through with them.

Whats the main benefit of a custom map over Revo/APR's? Do they look at my driving styles or is it to do with the car?

Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

The custom map is optimised on the rolling road for your individual engine.
Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Went for APR in the end. Had it done yesterday and I'm really happy with the results :yes: