Viper green

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
jntaras
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: xenons,rcd 510 dynaudio,park pilot,interlagos 18'',tyre pressure indicator

Viper green

Post by jntaras »

what's your opinion about viper green???i am thinking to change it from salsa red to viper because is very impressive and i think green will be the most special colour for this car.. see this video ...it is a little funky colour but i am 20 years old so i dont think its a problem!
rehmondo
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Re: Viper green

Post by rehmondo »

Not for me, but it would really stand out - don't think it will be hard to find in a car park.

If you like it, go for it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks as long as you like it.

Get folding mirrors mate, they will be worth it!

You can see better shots of the Viper Green in daylight in this video.....
http://www.drivers-republic.com/dr_tv/i ... rea=videos
jntaras
Options: xenons,rcd 510 dynaudio,park pilot,interlagos 18'',tyre pressure indicator

Post by jntaras »

thank you for the quick reply!i'll go for it instead i haven't see it live!very nice quality video...i think is very close to what you see live...(sorry for the bad english)
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Yeah no problem when I was ordering/waiting for my car I'd check this site every chance I got.

Yes like I said it doesn't matter the rest of us think, if you ask me I'm not a fan of the Salsa Red either, but the Green is definitely better, I know you guys have to pay for some of the options we get as standard, but will you get the interior shown in that video? That isn’t full leather, we don't get that here, if I had the choice I would get that (cheaper than leather) money I would have saved would have gone on Dynaudio and or electric seats - all that’s missing in my spec.

Xenons will look sexy as long as you can handle the wait, but you have to get Xenons with the Viper Green - even sounds mean!

Do you prefer Manual over DSG? For me the DSG with Paddles is just amazing!

Don't worry about your English its fine, as long as you say positive things about the Scirocco lol
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

given you are in greece with all that mediteranian sunshine it should look great so go viper, strong sunlight and red cars always makes me wary of colour fade
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
jntaras

Post by jntaras »

rehmondo wrote:Yeah no problem when I was ordering/waiting for my car I'd check this site every chance I got.

Yes like I said it doesn't matter the rest of us think, if you ask me I'm not a fan of the Salsa Red either, but the Green is definitely better, I know you guys have to pay for some of the options we get as standard, but will you get the interior shown in that video? That isn’t full leather, we don't get that here, if I had the choice I would get that (cheaper than leather) money I would have saved would have gone on Dynaudio and or electric seats - all that’s missing in my spec.

Xenons will look sexy as long as you can handle the wait, but you have to get Xenons with the Viper Green - even sounds mean!

Do you prefer Manual over DSG? For me the DSG with Paddles is just amazing!

Don't worry about your English its fine, as long as you say positive things about the Scirocco lol
Thank you rehmondo...be sure that you will hear only positive things from me for this car...here in greece you get standard with the 2.0 litre this alcantara/leather comb. which is terrific in touch and in quality and i think is the best of the trim options...unfortunately i can't have it because i am ordering the 160 ps version..we also get standard:
rcd310
2 zone clima
multi function steering wheel
fog lights
...you get the dcc standard i know...the reason i don't want auto transmision is that i am doing national road miles and the in-city miles are not too many.I know is a special gearbox and is more than an automatic but i preffer to spend my money on extras :p ...like dynaudio and xenons..
Now for the sunshine...is almost november and we have every day sun :D
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

andy is right, Viper Green is made for a warm climate.

Yeah, whatever makes sense to you man about the DSG, I sacrificed the elec seats & Dynaudio for Sat Nav & Xenons, in the end didn't get any of them and so far not needed them!

A few people here have got the cloth and are really happy with it, if you got full leather I imagine in a hot country that would be very annoying anyway.

I'm not sure how the Door Sills will look on a Viper Green but they had so much more to the car for a small investment - maybe wait when they start appearing on eBay?
jntaras

Post by jntaras »

rehmondo wrote:andy is right, Viper Green is made for a warm climate.

Yeah, whatever makes sense to you man about the DSG, I sacrificed the elec seats & Dynaudio for Sat Nav & Xenons, in the end didn't get any of them and so far not needed them!

A few people here have got the cloth and are really happy with it, if you got full leather I imagine in a hot country that would be very annoying anyway.

I'm not sure how the Door Sills will look on a Viper Green but they had so much more to the car for a small investment - maybe wait when they start appearing on eBay?
We dont have the door sills as an option here yet but i think they will be available at 2009.I will fit them when they'll be available...it is a very nice upgrade...i also wanted to see the word ''scirocco'' in many spots of the interior like the steering wheel and at the place that the passenger airbag is(like the quattro signs in audis).the quality of cloth is very nice and the quality is also satisfying.Is not like golf cloth...far better..
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

the scirocco badge on the boot is individual letters, i wanted one for dash but may be difficult to stick on and look good
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

Yeah "Scirocco" would have been nice if it was written on the strip above the glove box, I'm going to change the steering badge so it says GT - like in a Golf GT.
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced now by an F-Type.

Post by Kev »

Someone else ordered green didn't they?

I think it's a great colour but not for me. I'm far too conservative.
bazil

Post by bazil »

Many Greeks here... :p
You forum is popular from the one end of Europe to the other...

I am also concerned about the colour. I have only seen the grey, rising blue and silver, in person (the sales started here just a week ago). Silver suits it very much, but I had decided not to go for it (before I saw it), since my last two cars were silver (Golf IV and V)...

Although I wouldn't go for viper green personally, I think that it is a very special colour, that will make the car look even more special. So, jntaras, wait to see it in person, and if you like it, go for it...
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

A bit to bright for my taste but then again if I were in my twenties I would probably have given it a go. :rolleyes:
Bagwafu
In: Deep Black
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Now with APS Remap and Milltek Cat Back Non Resonated

Post by Bagwafu »

Sorry for thread drift:
rehmondo wrote:Yeah "Scirocco" would have been nice if it was written on the strip above the glove box, I'm going to change the steering badge so it says GT - like in a Golf GT.
i.e. as mentioned on this thread: http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/223943/1444060.aspx ???????

Are we sure it is the same steering wheel therefore the same size?

Back to the thread - I like the Viper Green but I think it just a bit too loud - so I got a black lol
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

Bagwafu wrote:Are we sure it is the same steering wheel therefore the same size?
See this topic.. http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ?f=2&t=230
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

andy wrote:the scirocco badge on the boot is individual letters, i wanted one for dash but may be difficult to stick on and look good
Most badges with individual letters are supplied in a plastic retainer which keeps all the letters properly spaced. All you have to do is peel off the backing paper and stick on.... straight !!! ;) ;) ;)
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
jntaras

Post by jntaras »

I want it!!!
jntaras

Post by jntaras »

I am thinking to purchase a golf gti mk5 gear knob...any better purposes???