RNS 510 boot problems!

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
aaimson
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: none

RNS 510 boot problems!

Post by aaimson »

Anyone tech savvy with the RNS 510? Got a flat battery yesterday and ended up jump starting the car. Since then the RNS510 won't start kept going into a boot loop. I've tried the SWL fix and updating it again but it gets so far through and just shoves the disk back out again. It kept getting stuck on APPL 14% and threw up an error but I've just tried it and it got by that and 100% on the HDD. It got to radio and just bombed out again. Any ideas? Might it be worth trying to download the original firmware to put on it?
OryxSciroccoR
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Oryx White

Re: RNS 510 boot problems!

Post by OryxSciroccoR »

I have known jump starting cars to have killed certain electrical items before so it might be corrupted/dead.

Off the top of my head you could try the 3 button reset if you haven't done so already. Or disconnect the battery for a bit and then reconnect and try to boot it and/or update it.
aaimson
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: none

Re: RNS 510 boot problems!

Post by aaimson »

Scrap that, I've managed to update it. (Somehow) took me ages, but just ended up burning a new firmware CD VERY slow. 2x. Does anyone know how long the fans on the RNS510 stay on once the keys are out of the ignition? I hear a slight humming, but I have heard this shuts down after 20/45minutes, not sure if this is causing my battery drain!