Dealer misdiagnosis warranty won't pay 2011 scirocco

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Josh789
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: not had the car long only had the wheels done! Looking to lower and space the the wheels at some point.

Dealer misdiagnosis warranty won't pay 2011 scirocco

Post by Josh789 »

Hi everyone,

I took my car into the vw dealership on the 31st of May 2016 as there was a noise coming from the engine which I thought might have been the duel mass fly wheel. I left the car there all day and told them to carry out any checks necessary. I then went to pick the car up later that day and they said they could not find a problem and basically I was hearing things and that if the problem got worse to bring the car back. As this was a "professional" telling me this I listened. At no point was I asked to show them the problem!

I then took there advice and booked the car back in as soon as the problem wasn't going away and was just getting worse! This was on the 6 July 2016. This time they pulled the gear box and found that there was a hole in it and flywheel and clutch had gone to.

The warranty company which I informed from the first time I booked the car in sent a technician out to assess the problem for my claim. I received a phone call off the warranty company the following day saying they will not payout because I had driven on the worn parts and the main reason is because the dealership did not find the problem the first time round. The warranty company then went on to say that the dealer had denied all knowledge that I had been in the first time but surely this will be on there system?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm currently in battle with the dealer and warranty company!

Thanks all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maplesyrup
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, RNS510, Bluetooth, KW DDC Coilovers, Black 19" Lugano, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, Revo Stage 2, Revo Induction, Full Milltek Exhaust, piano black interior trim, tinted....

Re: Dealer misdiagnosis warranty won't pay 2011 scirocco

Post by Maplesyrup »

The dealership must have a record of your visit on the 31st of May. I normally get a text to remind me of an apointment these days..... I would ask to speak to the workshop manager outlining what time you dropped your car off and your reg number. Did you take a loan car while yours was in?

Did you buy the car from the dealership?
Josh789
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
Options: not had the car long only had the wheels done! Looking to lower and space the the wheels at some point.

Post by Josh789 »

Thanks for the reply, I did get the texts and the emails which I forwarded to the warranty company who didn't seem to happy they were lied to. I didn't get a loan car as they said they were all booked for the next two weeks so haven't had a car for that period of time which adds to the frustration! I didn't buy the car from this particular dealership but was advised from where I got it from to take it there
Maplesyrup
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, RNS510, Bluetooth, KW DDC Coilovers, Black 19" Lugano, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, Revo Stage 2, Revo Induction, Full Milltek Exhaust, piano black interior trim, tinted....

Post by Maplesyrup »

I'm not sure that I'm of much help but I found myself in a similar situation with a dealer after I blew the engine on my Focus ST which was "covered" by an aftermarket warranty sold to me by the same Ford dealer - not worth the paper it was written on :(

I think you have a stronger case than me though as you have evidence, even if it is in text or email form of what happened prior.

My problem turned out to be caused by a simple split in a coolest hose but at 70+ on the motorway the engine was toast....

Good luck :)
pokeiarda
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
Options: Celtic tuning remap

Post by pokeiarda »

VW wriggle out of this if they can or just ignore you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
pokeiarda
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150