Why do they not want my business?!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
parabola
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio
Parking sensors
Folding mirrors
Flat tyre ind
Telephone prep
Smoking pack

Why do they not want my business?!!

Post by parabola »

First post so hi all! Been browsing the forum for a few days now - lots of info and advice so thanks to everybody.

I've been looking for a new car for a while and have pretty much decided on the roc after a quick test drive. Trouble is my local dealers don't seem to be in the least bit interested in selling me one ... I've been in contact with three of them now (in west london) and my experience so far has been pretty terrible. They don't return calls, I've turned up to two test drive appointments to find that both times they had no record of it (one time my salesman wasn't even working that day) and the one time I actually managed to get into the car the guy I was with knew nothing about it (I had to explain the ACC switch to him).

I see from other comments on here that VW dealers don't seem to have the best reputations but I'm absolutely stunned by this. Other manufacturers that I have visited have been nothing but helpful and VW are lucky the roc is such an attractive car. I'm at the stage where I can't bring myself to give my money to these people! I'm about ready to buy (want a motorway test drive first) so if there's anyone from a dealership anywhere near west london who are even remotely interested in taking my money please get in touch!

Rant over ... :)
MKAndy
Options: 19" Lugano Alloys, Smokers Pack, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors

Re: Why do they not want my business?!!

Post by MKAndy »

Mate, ditto!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

parabola i have pm'd you a contact worth a call at a dealer your way :yes:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Counterfitpig
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Reversing Sensors, Folding Mirrors.

Post by Counterfitpig »

I had a similar experience when looking to buy a Golf GTi several years ago, turned up 3 times to test drive it, twice it was out being used by one of the sales guys and the 3rd time it wasn't the DSG version I was supposed to be testing but a manual. I gave up in the end. It's only because of the Roc that I have returned to VW, still waiting for a build date! ....... fingers crossed! ;)
sir_rocco
In: Reflex Silver

Post by sir_rocco »

Parabola, addition to Wigits post. If they cannot help then try Cirencester VW and speak to either Jon Greenwood or Chris Spurrell and tell them Nige put you on to them. Jon is aka "business manager" on here and on scirocconet. Those guys will sort you out, have a demo vehicle and will do you a competitive deal, bit of a drive but hey, the Cotswolds are a nice place to be.

As an aside, they did tell me at the weekend though that the supply of new unregistered stock is minimal now so you may have to wait if you want a specific spec and colour if theres not one in stock. Also, deals are not as good as they were 3 months ago as demand is on the up again but at the end of the day you are the man with the money they want so you can drive a hard bargain. Use Broadspeed or the like to get a quote and see if they can come close.

Good luck with your search. :yes:
Taken delivery : Silver, DSG, NAV, Black Leather, Park Sensors, Winter pack.

Mods: Full Milltek, KW lowering springs,Wheel Spacers, Remapped to 258BHP, 405Nm
Dan Fitz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Dynaudio soundpack, Winter pack, DAB & carpets plus have the First aid kit and Triangle on order.

Post by Dan Fitz »

I had a very similar problem, I went in to my local dealer in December last year and asked for a test drive of a Roc and I am still waiting for there call back to have a test drive, I went to another dealer near my office and he informed me that I would have to place an order before he would let me test drive one.

Spoke to another dealer and they let me test drive one but when I contacted them about a price he ignored my calls and emails, was working with someone that purchased a new Passat and they they recommended the dealer in Petersfield, Hampshire as they had been so helpful, sorted everything out and easy to talk to.

The salesman I dealt with was helpful, gave all the information that I wanted and even told me not to go for the bluetooth kit because it was rubbish with the phones I have.

I know Petersfield is a bit of a distance from South London but would highly recommend them. Hope it helps message me if you want the guys name that I dealt with.
nickp
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Anthracite Leather, Dynaudio Soundpack, Park Sensor, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smoking Pack,
Carpet Mats. GT Steering Wheel Badge, Metal Pedals, Pewter Arsenal Key Ring.

Post by nickp »

Dan Fitz wrote: I went to another dealer near my office and he informed me that I would have to place an order before he would let me test drive one.
:? :? :? :p
Dan Fitz
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Dynaudio soundpack, Winter pack, DAB & carpets plus have the First aid kit and Triangle on order.

Post by Dan Fitz »

Yeah confused the hell out of me!!!!!!! Guess he didn't want to sell one :shrug: :shrug:
klippie
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Post by klippie »

The worst experience I had was in a Honda dealers in Dundee in 1996 when looking for a brand new Civic Vti, after selling my beloved mk2 Golf I bought a £300 green mk1 polo estate (it was that bad it looked like someone had shat it) as a run about I pulled in to the dealers and parked it right on the front of the forecourt. I went in asking about a new Civic they must spotted the car and was told in no uncertain terms that as these cars were very expensive I would be better off looking somewhere else for a car in my price range. To say there was a bit of an exchange of words would be putting it lightly, I don’t put up with stuck-up sales people they must think everyone that walks through the door has never bought a car before, bad mistake... :grumpy:
martdy
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

This thread has just reminded me of a guy who went looking for a new supercar . He'd turn up at Ferrari,Porsche,Lambo dealers etc. saying he'd just won the lottery. The dealers fell over themselves giving extended test drives, and, if I remember correctly even blagged a weekend in a Ferrari . The thing was he'd only won a tenner on the lottery :clap: Full marks to him.
Just goes to show you can't always take things at face value.
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
parabola
Options: Dynaudio
Parking sensors
Folding mirrors
Flat tyre ind
Telephone prep
Smoking pack

Post by parabola »

Thanks for the advice all. I've got a test drive booked in at the weekend so hopefully it'll go ok and I can get my order in.

I'm pretty much set on the options I want so I'm preparing myself for the long wait. Planning on keeping the car for a while though so it'll be worth it to get the stuff I want. Completely undecided about colour though ...