Candy White questions

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Pedronimus
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Black Leather Interior
Rear Parking Sensors
Bluetooth
Dynaudio
Cruise Control
Flat Tyre Indicator

Candy White questions

Post by Pedronimus »

Hi folks,

I've placed my order today for a Candy White Scirocket - so excited for it to arrive. Reckon I'm gonna have an agonising wait on my hands!

The colour had me deliberating for ages though - Almost went for Reflex Silver, but my current car is silver, as is everyone elses, so fancied a change. So, I've got a could of questions for candy white owners:

1) I've never owned a white car before, and alot of old white cars look tarnished and almost beige. Anyone have any experience of VW white paints? Are they likely to tarnish as they get older? I like to keep my cars clean with pretty regular washing and waxing, but I'm by no means dedicated, so it will spend some time covered in muck.

2) Which leads me to my second question - what's Candy White like to keep clean. Ideally, if someone out there has photos of a mucky one it'd be great to see, just to get an idea of what they look like after a few weeks use. The only pics I've seen online are people showing off after just polishing them, so no muck in sight!

Thanks in advance :)
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Re: Candy White questions

Post by maisbitt »

Had an old MK2 Golf in Alpine White, and that stayed very white even though it was 9 years old when we parted. Historically, VW white seems ok.

How come your profile says Pewter? I have a Pewter, seems a lot of people have been taking a fancy to it lately after realising it's not a hum-drum grey.

Scirocco does look great in white.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Pedronimus
Rear Parking Sensors
Bluetooth
Dynaudio
Cruise Control
Flat Tyre Indicator

Post by Pedronimus »

When I registered with the forum I was pretty certain I'd be going for the pewter. Since then though, I saw one in the flesh and, whilst it did look sweet, it was darker and bluer than I expected. I like how the lighter colours show off the lines of the car more, hence I'm now considering white :)
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

You can change the colour in your avatar by using the User Control Panel (top left of screen) :)
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
Pedronimus
Rear Parking Sensors
Bluetooth
Dynaudio
Cruise Control
Flat Tyre Indicator

Post by Pedronimus »

Done - Cheers :)
pat15312
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Gloss black 19" RS4s; GT Spec; Leather; RNS510 & Dynaudio; rSAP; Alloy pedals & sills; Gloss black plastics; Revo Select+; H&R 35mm springs & 10mm spacers; Forge FMIC, Intake, BOV, Quickshift; Milltek T/back, Sports cat & Downpipe.

Post by pat15312 »

it is an absolute pig to keep clean.
before volkfest i washed and waxed the car to a pristine condition.
when i got to volkfest (2 hour drive) it looked awful and i had to go over the whole car again with water and a microfibre (not the best thing for it i know...) but wheni'd finished it looked gorgeous again.
to basically when its clean, it looks absolutley fantastic. if your planning on leaving it dirty for a while it can look quite creamy from a distance.
at least it forces me to clean it properly every week!
222bhp & 340Nm
BlackRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather
Sat Nav
Winter Pack
Parking Sensors
Premium Mats (got them free..)
GT Steering wheel badge

Post by BlackRoc »

We all had to clean our cars when we got to Volksfest cos the conditions were shocking, however, Pats Candy White and Waggers Viper Green were the most photographed of the lot and everyone stopped for a look. I was never sold on the white personally, but after spending some time around Pats its an awesome colour :yes:
No Scirocco now - Just a black '57 Plate Black Jetta!
timhigginbotham
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Bluetooth
Vienna Leather
Dynaudio
Cruise

Post by timhigginbotham »

Inevitably mine shows the dirt easily, but thats not really the problem. The worst is the fly splats at this time of year - they really show up. I dont have any regrets choosing candy white though, it looks the muts.
Nobby
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Post by Nobby »

i had a white car once, a Cavalier 4X4, I won't make that mistake again :fall:

I have ordered Reflex Silver, it's a common as **** colour but it never looks dirty, which is good when you're lazy like I am ;)
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

just enjoy it and enjoy cleaning it
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Candy Monster
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

pat15312 wrote:it is an absolute pig to keep clean!

Have to disagree pat. After delivery I diamondbrighted mine then applied two layers of wax. So easy to keep clean now, nothing stick to it. Admittedly it does get very dirty on a short drive in the wet but at least when you clean it you know it's absolutely spotless - easier to keep clean in that respect :D

Go white. It was the front end contrast that sold me on white...
Evil Derboy
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »