Newbie MFD Display Question

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
stmouk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box

Newbie MFD Display Question

Post by stmouk »

Hi,

Very pleased with my 65 plate 2.0 TDI. Couple of things. Is it possible to change the KPH digital display to MPH in the MFD display. Also the Voice control button on the entertainment system is asking for an activation key. Without contacting dealer is there any advice available. Thanks !
easyrider
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Re: Newbie MFD Display Question

Post by easyrider »

stmouk wrote:Hi,

Very pleased with my 65 plate 2.0 TDI. Couple of things. Is it possible to change the KPH digital display to MPH in the MFD display. Also the Voice control button on the entertainment system is asking for an activation key. Without contacting dealer is there any advice available. Thanks !
you need to do it via vagcom/vcds top one, here: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... +one+place" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
chelspeed
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

The method described in that link doesn't work for 65 plate cars. I want to do the same and have failed so far. This link refers http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 36&t=19753" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If anyone can prove me wrong I will be most grateful.
shrink
Options: Dynaudio
19" Wheels
Folding Mirrors
Parking Sensors

Post by shrink »

If it's a new car, shouldn't the dealer be doing this for you?
easyrider
In: Deep Black
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

chelspeed wrote:The method described in that link doesn't work for 65 plate cars. I want to do the same and have failed so far. This link refers http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 36&t=19753" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If anyone can prove me wrong I will be most grateful.
my bad - sorry!
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

shrink wrote:If it's a new car, shouldn't the dealer be doing this for you?
Was gonna say, surely dealer should have done this as part of setting car up PDI? and i'm guessing by 65 plate it's a UK car...
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
chelspeed
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

shrink wrote:If it's a new car, shouldn't the dealer be doing this for you?
The km/h display is intended by VW to be an alternate display for when your driving in a non mph area, hence it reading in km/h is correct for UK cars. The speedo itself gives you mph.

But what many people like to do is to convince the car you're not in UK so the alternate display gives you a digital mph reading. The digital reading being easier to use to hold a set speed (as you pass a revenue camera for example) than the analogue speedo.
bedroc67
I drive a: R-Line
Options: cruise, dynaudio

Post by bedroc67 »

I too have exactly the same issue as stmouk on my 65 plate R-line. I'm afraid you can only see kmh in the MFD display. Even contact back to Wolfsburg confirmed you can't show mph digitally on even the latest Sciroccos. The user manual says you can - but you can't. I have cruise and when i approach speed cameras - about 20 of them on my way to work ;-) , i press the cruise button to get my cruise speed which does display digitally in mph! It bugged me at the start as i had a digital mph display on my prev Audi but then I got used to it.
bowen159

Post by bowen159 »

Odd as this method worked on my 65 plate. Would have been gutted if it didn't work.