Anyone fitted the alloy pedals?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
steve
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box
Options: panoramic sunroof, truffle leather, winter pack, dynaudio soundpack, parking and tyre sensors, cruise control, carpet mats

Anyone fitted the alloy pedals?

Post by steve »

Hi All,

I've just got the metal pedal set in the post.

The first thing I've noticed is a big warning claiming that they should only be fitted by a VW dealer. No surprise there then, but there's also a couple of special tools listed for the fitting; only one of which looks like it's being used (and this is just a couple of plastic prongs).

Before I give it a go, I was wondering if anyone else has tried to fit these themselves and could provide me with some tips. I've checked the Roccopedia but there's nothing there that helps.

Any advice gladly received!

Ta, Steve.
BAIKAR
In: Candy White

Re: Anyone fitted the alloy pedals?

Post by BAIKAR »

you can fit these no problem yourself. just follow the instructions in the box and you'll be fine. you don't need a vw workshop and disconnecting the wiring doesn't bring up any faults but that said don't switch the ignition on with the pedal disconnected just in case.

exam the new alloy pedal and look at the two clips that the vw special tool is used to push back. once you have an idea in your head on what direction they need to be pushed to realease the old pedal just find two of the flatest screwdivers you can and it should come out no prob. fitting is easy the new one just snaps into place, connect the wiring refit the bolt and cap and enjoy!
Evil Derboy
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Last edited by Evil Derboy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Options: panoramic sunroof, truffle leather, winter pack, dynaudio soundpack, parking and tyre sensors, cruise control, carpet mats

Post by steve »

Thanks for the advice. I'll fit these tomorrow then!
adamj
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Post by adamj »

Let me know how it goes, I am swaying towards getting a set of these! :)
andrewdrew123

Post by andrewdrew123 »

Out of interest Steve where did you get the pedals from and how much did you pay?

Thanks, Drew
Evil Derboy
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Last edited by Evil Derboy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve

Post by steve »

Evil Derboy wrote:
andrewdrew123 wrote:Out of interest Steve where did you get the pedals from and how much did you pay?

Thanks, Drew
About 80 quid from your local dealer.

Yep - about 80 quid. I got mine from VW Stoke.

I didn't get a chance to try fitting them this weekend but I'll update this post when I have.
steve

Post by steve »

Finally got around to fitting them this weekend and they look great.

Pretty straight forward, just a bit fiddly getting the clips to release the old accelerator pedal though. In all probably spent about half an hour doing it.
x5pea
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Sat Nav

Post by x5pea »

steve wrote:Finally got around to fitting them this weekend and they look great.

Pretty straight forward, just a bit fiddly getting the clips to release the old accelerator pedal though. In all probably spent about half an hour doing it.

pain in the a55 that clip, easy when youve done it a few timesn :nod: