Pewter Grey

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
JMcQueen
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Pewter Grey

Post by JMcQueen »

Anyone got some good pics of Pewter Grey? Im really undecided between this or white for my car if I go ahead and order. See so many white ones about Im tempted to be a little different.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Pewter Grey

Post by wigit »

pweter is underated colour imho opinion, i think it wouls suit the R if you wanted something a bit more discreet

Morriseys car from the meet

another dropped on bbs rims

Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

I got Pewter Grey, and in some light it looks more of an icy blue than grey - it is a much nicer colour than the pictures suggest, and a much lighter shade than most of those "gun metal" shades of Grey.

You have to see it in the flesh to really know, photos do not do it justice. The Grey of the Golf is no comparison either - it's a totally different shade. Go and see Pewter Grey on either the Scirocco or EOS (both made at the same plant, no other VW comes in Pewter Grey).

The Scirocco is very colour sensitive, but suits Pewter Grey well. Those who say otherwise have probably just seen a photo.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
KEVINVW
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Dynamic Audio, Flat Tyre Indicator & Folding Mirrors (Yes with Mirror Down Option!)

Post by KEVINVW »

I have just collected my Pewter Grey Scirocco on friday and i also deliberated over colour myself. I have just swapped from a Golf Gti in Steel Grey and that's a lot closer than the Gun Metal grey. I think it looks well and will try and post some pictures up when i get chance. I do agree with what has been said that the Scirocco is colour sensitive and it not easy when you look at photo's, Literature etc, you are better off seeing in the flesh. I quite like the looks of Sumatra but that colour looks very different in showroom photos to photos posted by people who have that colour.
morrissey
In: Deep Black
Options: Golf R, 3 door, manual, leather, sunroof, 19" alloys, ACC, cruise, comfort and storage packs

Post by morrissey »

I'm happy with my choice.
You are right - the grey has a purply blue tinge in some lights which makes it more interesting than grey grey :D
Nobby
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Post by Nobby »

I hesitated a long time over Pewter Grey too, really nice colour

I went for Reflex Silver in the end as I find the lighter colours suit the Scirocco better, you see the curves more, especially the concave sides

I know that every car on the road for the last few years is silver (including my X-Trail) but it looks good & never looks dirty :)

I had a white car once, Cavalier 4X4, never again !
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Pewter Grey is not liked by the birds (flying kind) of Newcastle - my car has been shat on 3 days in a row, and i'm not parking under trees or anything - just seems like a really weird coincidence. At the moment though, I dont mind giving the Roc a quick rinse down when I get home!
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
nickp
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Anthracite Leather, Dynaudio Soundpack, Park Sensor, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smoking Pack,
Carpet Mats. GT Steering Wheel Badge, Metal Pedals, Pewter Arsenal Key Ring.

Post by nickp »

Here's a couple of pics of mine.
IMG_0480.jpg
IMG_0387.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adamj
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Post by adamj »

Here is mine. Made up with the colour, wanted Silver but they could get this one a lot quicker - very please in the end :D

KEVINVW
Options: Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Dynamic Audio, Flat Tyre Indicator & Folding Mirrors (Yes with Mirror Down Option!)

Post by KEVINVW »

Finally got some photo's of my Pewter Grey up for viewing
Scirocco_01.jpg
Scirocco_02.jpg
Scirocco_04.jpg
Scirocco_05.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
In: Sumatra
Options: panoramic sunroof, truffle leather, winter pack, dynaudio soundpack, parking and tyre sensors, cruise control, carpet mats

Post by steve »

KEVINVW wrote:I have just collected my Pewter Grey Scirocco on friday and i also deliberated over colour myself. I have just swapped from a Golf Gti in Steel Grey and that's a lot closer than the Gun Metal grey. I think it looks well and will try and post some pictures up when i get chance. I do agree with what has been said that the Scirocco is colour sensitive and it not easy when you look at photo's, Literature etc, you are better off seeing in the flesh. I quite like the looks of Sumatra but that colour looks very different in showroom photos to photos posted by people who have that colour.
Sumatra rocks ;)