Key Re-code

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Key Re-code

Post by Phil »

Sadly none of the instructions have worked to recode my key which is very very frustrating....

VW want to charge me half a days labour to recode it and as the car is for sale, they can stick it as i'm not paying it, nor care enough!!

Is there somewhere cheaper that will do this or anyone can recommend?
Phil
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Re: Key Re-code

Post by Irvysan »

Needs VCDS coding.

Sent from my phone
Last edited by Irvysan on Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Not something i'm equipped with but due to all the other "normal" methods failing miserably I'm quite willing to let someone else do this one haha.

New thought tho - the car shouldn't start on the uncoded key should it? Mine does at the moment which is now making me think its the battery, even though the little red light is flashing
Phil
Viking
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
Options: None

Post by Viking »

Two parts to the key. The remote part is the bit which radio controls the central locking etc. which appears to be not working for you. Then the main key part (the blade and the immobiliser transponder) which appear to be working. All you need is the remote part syncing to the car. Can be done (as said) with VCDS. Dealers shouldn't take half a day, it's an hour at most.
Phil

Post by Phil »

ah nice one I may have to take a look.

just tried another local VW for a price. This one wants 45 pounds to recode but as it can't guarantee the issue will be resolved they wont do it unless I pay 60 for an investigation prior.... Am I being really stupid or am I missing something, I thought it was only a key...? could get new one for cheaper
Phil
Viking
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
Options: None

Post by Viking »

Whereabouts are you. If you're near me I'll do it for you or at least check it over and see what's up.