Seat comfort ?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
old n grey
I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Power fold mirrors, Cruise control

Seat comfort ?

Post by old n grey »

Hi all, Does anybody else suffer from leg pain/ ache in their Scirocco ? My old 2010 GT was very comfortable, but my new 2015 R-line is a different story. After a few minutes of driving my right thigh is aching. I've adjusted the seat up down backwards and forwards but nothing makes any difference. I spend 2 hours a day sat in this car driving to and from work and it's really starting to be a pain in more ways than one. :?
Irvysan
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Re: Seat comfort ?

Post by Irvysan »

Have you adjusted the lumbar to your liking? Use your cruise control more?

When I first got mine I probably spent 30-60 mins sitting in the seat and moving myself and the seat/steering wheel around until i felt at home, I must say that the driving position that i have settled on is a lot further forward that previous cars but just so my stubby legs dont have to stretch when pressing the loud pedal!

are you sitting in traffic more than usual?
old n grey

Post by old n grey »

Irvysan wrote:Have you adjusted the lumbar to your liking? Use your cruise control more?

When I first got mine I probably spent 30-60 mins sitting in the seat and moving myself and the seat/steering wheel around until i felt at home, I must say that the driving position that i have settled on is a lot further forward that previous cars but just so my stubby legs dont have to stretch when pressing the loud pedal!

are you sitting in traffic more than usual?
Hi, I can't really use my cruise due to the amount of traffic on my commute. I have adjusted the lumber but it doesn't seem to make any difference to my leg. My journeys much the same as always, crap rush hour stop start motorway traffic. I'm at a loss what the difference is between my 2 Scirocco's they both had/ have leather but they are worlds apart for comfort. If I can't sort this one way or another I might have to sell.
Irvysan
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Old age? [emoji33]

I mean the previous seat ;)

Sent from my phone
Last edited by Irvysan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chelspeed
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

Old seat was a bit saggy where your leg pressed on it? New one's all firm and new? Give it some months and it might give a bit and mould to your seating position. Or might not.....
old n grey

Post by old n grey »

Irvysan wrote:Old age? [emoji33]

I mean the previous seat ;)

Sent from my phone
You could be right, on both me and my seat perhaps driving a Scirocco's a young mans game :driver:
Last edited by old n grey on Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
old n grey

Post by old n grey »

chelspeed wrote:Old seat was a bit saggy where your leg pressed on it? New one's all firm and new? Give it some months and it might give a bit and mould to your seating position. Or might not.....
You might be right I'd wondered that myself, perhaps a few thousand more miles with my arse sat on it might sort it, or indeed might not time will tell!