Which remap?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
pokeiarda
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Celtic tuning remap

Re: Which remap?

Post by pokeiarda »

This may have nothing to do with the remap but I'm looking to het a bigger picture. The remap has been in for 20k miles but I'm replacing the gearbox in my diesel scirocco. The clutch arm or arms got lose and put a hole in the housing.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

pokeiarda wrote:This may have nothing to do with the remap but I'm looking to het a bigger picture. The remap has been in for 20k miles but I'm replacing the gearbox in my diesel scirocco. The clutch arm or arms got lose and put a hole in the housing.

This exact thing happened to another forum member, I will have to try and find the thread so you can read it.

Sent from my phone
pokeiarda

Post by pokeiarda »

Irvysan wrote:
pokeiarda wrote:This may have nothing to do with the remap but I'm looking to het a bigger picture. The remap has been in for 20k miles but I'm replacing the gearbox in my diesel scirocco. The clutch arm or arms got lose and put a hole in the housing.

This exact thing happened to another forum member, I will have to try and find the thread so you can read it.

Sent from my phone
That would be very useful.

pokeiarda

Post by pokeiarda »

Irvysan wrote:

Sent from my phone
That would be very useful.

Irvysan
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Here you go : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=19938" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my phone
Mr OCD
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Shadow Blue
Options: All of them ... lol

Post by Mr OCD »

Thoughts on remapping 170 CR engine by Celtic? Quoted £270
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
pokeiarda

Post by pokeiarda »

Cheers for that. i have it saved. going to see if i can use it as leverage

sciroccorich
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Black Leather, Parking sensors and RNS Satnav/DVD player

Post by sciroccorich »

Anyone have any experience with a company called Vagtech in Milton Keynes?

They claim that their Revo stage 1 map (complete with Forge recirculation valve and Revo panel filter) would increase BHP from 200 to 280. That is with everything else stock and with no problems as a result.

When asked about having a standard clutch, they said that like any clutch, it could last 5 mins or 5 years, it depends on your driving style.

Any thoughts on this and them?
DAN180Y
In: Reflex Silver
Options: 18" MOMO Revenge alloys
VWR Springs
Stage 1 Remap
R side skirts
K&N Panel Filter
Front Splitter
20mm Spacers
Gloss Black VW Emblems
LED Interior Conversion

Post by DAN180Y »

sciroccorich wrote:Anyone have any experience with a company called Vagtech in Milton Keynes?

They claim that their Revo stage 1 map (complete with Forge recirculation valve and Revo panel filter) would increase BHP from 200 to 280. That is with everything else stock and with no problems as a result.

When asked about having a standard clutch, they said that like any clutch, it could last 5 mins or 5 years, it depends on your driving style.

that sounds very exagerated to me, a stage 1 should take you to around the 250 mark and a stage 2 would go around 280 roughly, get them to guarantee the 280 in writing then go for it
Build Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current: Scirocco 2.0 GT TSI
Previous: Golf mk5 1.4 TSI Match, Golf mk4 1.6SE
sciroccorich

Post by sciroccorich »

DAN180Y wrote:
sciroccorich wrote:Anyone have any experience with a company called Vagtech in Milton Keynes?

that sounds very exagerated to me, a stage 1 should take you to around the 250 mark and a stage 2 would go around 280 roughly, get them to guarantee the 280 in writing then go for it

Yeah that's what I thought......To be honest i'm not sure whether I want more than 250BHP anyway when everything else (fuel pump, intercooler etc) is stock, I don't want to risk the problems associated with it. I just want a bit more grunt but not go mad!

I've was always told by friends that anything more than 250 BHP on a front wheel drive (in oppose to a rear wheel drive) hot hatch is a waste of time anyway because you just get too much torque steer!...........I'm sure others on here will disagree and that comment will cause a whole new debate :shake:
Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

I would agree with this rich although poly mounts and bushes with an anti lift kit will sort most of that out.

Sent from my phone
SciroccoEire
Options: Milltek Cat back , H&R Springs , Stage 1 Remap

Post by SciroccoEire »

Im currently at 264bhp and around 300lb/ft with absolutely no torque steer.

Car drives great!
sciroccorich

Post by sciroccorich »

SciroccoEire wrote:Im currently at 264bhp and around 300lb/ft with absolutely no torque steer.

Car drives great!

Good to know sciroccoEire, is that with everything else stock?
SciroccoEire
Options: Milltek Cat back , H&R Springs , Stage 1 Remap

Post by SciroccoEire »

@sciroccorich , Yea , Engine wise that is stock!

I cant stress the difference in power and power delivery between stock Vs the remap. I love it.
I am kicking myself not getting it done sooner. Had the car 4 years , it was great at the start but after you get used to the stock power it can be kind of underwhelming :shrug: .

Addicted to the turbo sounds now which are much more noticable since the boost has been upped. And now that i have a Milltek on i drive everywhere with the windows down... :cry: :cry:
DAN180Y
In: Reflex Silver
Options: 18" MOMO Revenge alloys
VWR Springs
Stage 1 Remap
R side skirts
K&N Panel Filter
Front Splitter
20mm Spacers
Gloss Black VW Emblems
LED Interior Conversion

Post by DAN180Y »

SciroccoEire wrote:@sciroccorich , Yea , Engine wise that is stock!

I cant stress the difference in power and power delivery between stock Vs the remap. I love it.
I am kicking myself not getting it done sooner. Had the car 4 years , it was great at the start but after you get used to the stock power it can be kind of underwhelming :shrug: .

Addicted to the turbo sounds now which are much more noticable since the boost has been upped. And now that i have a Milltek on i drive everywhere with the windows down... :cry: :cry:
totally agree with what you said about remaps i had my 2nd car remapped and when i got this (3rd car 2.0 tsi rocc) even though it was a more powerful engine i could tell it was being held back and not as responsive, got the remap done in the 2nd week of having it, once youve had a remapped car you cant go standard :nod:
Build Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current: Scirocco 2.0 GT TSI
Previous: Golf mk5 1.4 TSI Match, Golf mk4 1.6SE