Door card lower red lights?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Mr OCD
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: All of them ... lol

Door card lower red lights?

Post by Mr OCD »

Hi All,

My lights in lower door cards do not work when open the doors ... Any ideas why?

Is this a coding setting?

Just turned off the DRL's so lights only work on auto / side / dipped!
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Door card lower red lights?

Post by Cuprabob »

Aren't they just reflectors
I'm sure they are on mine.

If you do a search, I'm sure there is a thread on retro-fitting them.
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Subbed as I'm interested in this. I'm pretty sure it's a retro fit.

Sent from my phone
chelspeed
I drive a: Scirocco R
With a: DSG box
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

They're just reflectors on the scirocco. You can fit the lights off another model and code the door controller to turn them on. Awesome mod, did it on mine. Details on how to do it (not mine) here.
Last edited by chelspeed on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

chelspeed wrote:They're just reflectors on the scirocco. You can fit the lights off another model and code the door controller to turn them on. Awesome mod, did it on mine. Details here.
Thanks [emoji41]

Sent from my phone
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

Cheers ... Makes sense now.

Whilst on the subject of lights ... How come the light delay when locking / opening the car from fob only works when the light switch is set to auto?

Any ideas?
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

That's just the way it's set up as it uses the dusk sensor to only have them staying on when needed.
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... &start=140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - a recent easyrider install on his mission to improve what VW should have done in the first place :)
Phil
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

Cheers... a job one day... already got a list of stuff I want to do first :D