Help! Front dim lights always on

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
DanielR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box

Help! Front dim lights always on

Post by DanielR »

Hi everyone,
I need some help finding out what is wrong with my scirocco 1.4 tsi from 2010.
I am having some trouble with my battery and i think it is due to the front headlights.
I have automatic light on/off switch and when i put it to off, the lights still stay on.when i have them on aut.and i am driving during a sunny day they are always on. :( .
Anyone who knows what it Could be?
thank you
Dan
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Re: Help! Front dim lights always on

Post by Irvysan »

Nothing wrong it's the coding, if you don't like then use VCDS to change, plenty of info on the forums

Sent from my phone
froudeg
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box

Post by froudeg »

Agreed with above - I assume you are referring to the DRL's (day time running lights) - they are always on during the day.

They will not be the cause of your battery problems - the probable cause of your battery dying is it's age if you are on the original factory battery.
I have found that the OEM VW batteries rarely last past 4-5 years....after 5 years they're toast and go flat easily.
Was the same in my Mk5 golf TDI 2.0 - that battery was knackered after 4 years.

I have a 2010 1.4 (160), and it's battery was on its way out after 4 years as well, woulda been dead if I tried to eek it out to 5 years.
DanielR

Post by DanielR »

I guys, thank you for the help,
but also the low beans stay on all the time.
That's what I think is strange. Any idea?
Today I am changing the battery.
Cheers
Guest2
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver

Post by Guest2 »

Low beams and the sidelights (bottom light with the indicators integrated cluster) are always on i think. mine certainly are. One thing that i don't understand is that my low beams are on the outside of the cluster whereas iv seen loads of Sciroccos with their DLR/low beams on with the low beams being in the middle! weird! might be a model difference.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Module 09 longcoding uncheck box prl permanent running lights active.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

jdizler wrote:Low beams and the sidelights (bottom light with the indicators integrated cluster) are always on i think. mine certainly are. One thing that i don't understand is that my low beams are on the outside of the cluster whereas iv seen loads of Sciroccos with their DLR/low beams on with the low beams being in the middle! weird! might be a model difference.
Cars with Xenons have dedicated DRLs that are inboard and can be switched on or off in the Settings menu within the MFD
dimexi
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

DanielR wrote:Hi everyone,
I need some help finding out what is wrong with my scirocco 1.4 tsi from 2010.
I am having some trouble with my battery and i think it is due to the front headlights.
I have automatic light on/off switch and when i put it to off, the lights still stay on.when i have them on aut.and i am driving during a sunny day they are always on. :( .
Anyone who knows what it Could be?
thank you
Dan
Battery problems not necessarily related to headlights always on (but it could contribute to it). The OEM battery is terrible! I had issues with it for ages, and I opted to go for Bosch/Varta - all my problems vanished
DanielR

Post by DanielR »

Thank you everyone , just bought a new bosch battery and is starting much beter.
I will need to buy a vag.com cable and cd to make de change on the coding in de vcds.
Cheers
Dan