Failed emissions

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Re: Failed emissions

Post by Irvysan »

I find that odd, so they will just keep throwing money at it till it's fixed? That seems crazy, are they also paying for a car for you to use in the meantime or is that being supplied by VW

Sent from my phone
moulin12
Options: Used to own a 1.4 160 DSG.

Post by moulin12 »

Irvysan wrote:I find that odd, so they will just keep throwing money at it till it's fixed? That seems crazy, are they also paying for a car for you to use in the meantime or is that being supplied by VW

Sent from my phone
I suspect that the problem here in fact is that they haven't been prepared throw parts at it soon enough.

When ploughing through a VW test plan that involved checking the engine mechanics (including compression, camchain, throttle body etc) they probably didn't throw too many parts at it - just a few valve grommets and vac pipes. Only after we got to week 3 and escalation to VW did we get the injectors (followed by cat check, ecu hard reset etc). In all, this reduced the CO from 8% to 2%, so did some general good, it must be assumed and hoped.

In fact, when it was suggested three weeks ago that they just swap in a new lambda sensor the reaction was "we don't want to just throw parts at it'.

You know what's coming, don't you?

Following their suggestion to first change the injectors, VW followed this up with the instruction to swap out the lambda sensor (and associated wiring). Hey presto, the news today that I can pick the car up tomorrow, MOT done and dusted.

No, really. FFS.

I've read that there was a dodgy set of injectors plaguing the earlier 1.4 160s, so I wonder if VW just saw this as an opportunity to sort out that aspect first (and as almost a plus, hope this solved the running rich issues).

So, after 37 days I will have my car back, and I will return a nearly brand new courtesy car that has an additional 700 miles on the clock.

I should mention that whilst it's been a frustrating exercise I have nothing but good things to say about the welcome and customer service I have received from the dealer over these two years, even though they may have been a bit slow to reaction to thing son this occasion.

This weekend could be my last in the Roc, which I know is going to make me sad. I will be in two minds about moving onto the Series 1, but all things considered it seems like the right move, even if a little precipitous. But who knows, I might get cold feet!
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

So to sum this issue up; the issues that have fixed this are new injectors and replacing a faulty lambda sensor (Less than £300 in parts!)

FFS if nothing else I hope that this thread is useful for someone else.

And don't get a series 1 unless you are a hairdresser ;)

Roc On!