Dynaudio Amp blown?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Dynaudio Amp blown?

Post by skippy »

Hello All,

My 2009 Roc has a Dynaudio upgrade and to date it has been perfect. When I got into the car today (having driven it about an hour earlier), there was a noise like demented mosquitoes coming from the rear speakers, this was before I had switched the ignition on!

Once I had started the car, the noise (coming from rear speakers only) was still there and very annoying. I soon realised that the unit had no power whatsoever and any music regardless of it coming from the radio or iPod, there was no amplification whatsoever.

I know the amp is supposed to be under the seat, but I guess hidden right under it, so unreachable without removing the passenger seat, but I suspect a fuse or something has blown.

Anyone else had this at all?

Cheers
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Dynaudio Amp blown?

Post by Cuprabob »

If you just slide the passenger seat all the way back you will be able to access the amp no problem.
skippy

Post by skippy »

Many thanks Bob for your prompt reply. Just been back out to the car and to my utter relief all seems fine again! Earlier on, it was a case of disconnecting iPod, power cycle of the unit, ignition off/on but nothing would work!

30 mins later it has recovered again! Just hope it is ok now! Bizarre! Many thanks again!
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

You have mosquitoes? We have chirpy birds! : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 6&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Coincidence? Not sure!
skippy

Post by skippy »

No mine was mosquitoes or wasps! What was so annoying that even after I had switched the stereo off, the buzz was still there. It was very uncomfortable driving home, and even when the car was off and locked up, I could still hear it!

I don't know what caused it, but although I could hear the stereo each track was faint with a lot of distortion hence I thought the amp had blown.
Irvysan
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

You could hear it with the engine off? That's not good

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
skippy

Post by skippy »

Irvysan wrote:You could hear it with the engine off? That's not good

Yes - most bizarre, even with the ignition key out, it was still buzzing away, but now mysteriously the problem disappeared again, I just hope it does not return as it makes driving the car very uncomfortable as you cant switch it off!
skippy

Post by skippy »

Just as an update to this issue I had last week, thankfully the problem has not re-occurred but I did some googling of the issue and did find forums where a similar issue had been discussed.

Problem could be related to firmware and some have had replacement head units under warranty, but in lots of cases the issue could be solved by a proper 'reboot'. I found instances of BMW owners having had this but VW also. This is the VW link discussing if anyone is interested. http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89546" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

Thanks I will try to reset mine as it can't do any harm to do so