Maxton front splitter

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Paddy_R
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Maxton front splitter

Post by Paddy_R »

Been looking a front splitter for my Scirocco for a while now and although there are a few to choose from they don't quite do it for me. I'm really not to fussed on the body coloured front lips either.

While I was looking online I found this one: http://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/product/s ... umper.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; from Maxton Design. Now has anybody else fitted this one and can comment on the quality or on the fit?

I was about to pull the trigger and buy but thought I'd check first.
JayPaynter
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
With a: Manual box

Re: Maxton front splitter

Post by JayPaynter »

It might not be right helpful but when I took my rear bumper (from Maxton Design) the bodyshop guy said it was a quality made bumper.
Jace
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: APR stage 2+, APR TBE, APR carbonio carbon intake pipe, VWR Intake, Forge inter cooler pipework, R8 coils packs, Sachs Loba stg2 clutch

Post by Jace »

I keep looking at these but haven't got round to pressing the buy button yet.

Think they sell them on eBay for £99 too
Paddy_R

Post by Paddy_R »

Yeah on ebay too, £5 cheaper delivered for me from there too. Decisions decisions....
Jojreynolds
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Recaro seats, rns 510, power fold mirrors, pano roof, full LED interior, LED puddle lights

Post by Jojreynolds »

Hi, looking at the link it seems it's same as mine. If so it was a really easy fit and sits equal all the way round. For me it's a must have. Image

Instagram: James.reynolds
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Agree with James, but I chose to give it a bit extra gloss before fitting. Few layers of gloss black and some lacquer before fitting will do the job nicely
Phil
Paddy_R

Post by Paddy_R »

Ordered today. Been sent Royal Mail 48 hour and will be with me..... On Monday apparently so not quite 48 hour then.

Also ordered a spoiler lip from eBay. It's real carbon fibre at the moment but I'm thinking plain gloss black would look better so may paint it, they don't do a non carbon version unfortunately. Not quite sure how it will look bug I'll keep you all updated.
Mortyy
In: Deep Black
Options: parkingsensor, multifunction steering, rainsensor, dynaudio

Post by Mortyy »

Ive got that front spoiler om my car. It makes The car look mad.
Check out my project [emoji4] there you will see it on the car [emoji5]️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Paddy_R

Post by Paddy_R »

The orange certainly grabs your eye, looks good though! Was the fit good or did you need to adjust it?

Thinking I'm going to go gloss black though to keep with my white and black theme. Though having said that I've anthracite 19's waiting to go on.
Mortyy
Options: parkingsensor, multifunction steering, rainsensor, dynaudio

Post by Mortyy »

Paddy_R wrote:The orange certainly grabs your eye, looks good though! Was the fit good or did you need to adjust it?

Thinking I'm going to go gloss black though to keep with my white and black theme. Though having said that I've anthracite 19's waiting to go on.
the orange has come off again. its going to be matte black in the future.
The holes that comes with it (at least mine) had to be adjusted. so i got the outer screwholes fitted to orignal panelholes (if you get what i mean by that?)
then i took some selfdrilling screw just to make it fit better to the car. im glad we where two to do the job, so consider to get a mate to lend you a hand :)
Paddy_R

Post by Paddy_R »

I've a mate who runs his own garage so I'll get it up on one of his ramps and get him to help. Thanks for the advice.
scirocconorway96
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125

Post by scirocconorway96 »

i recived my maxton splitter today. but the holes dont fit in the originals. the 2 bolts near the wheels. do i need to drill some new holes in my bumper?

Do i need to secure the splitter in the front. there is no holes in the orignal bumber that fits with the splitter :/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paddy_R

Post by Paddy_R »

I left mine out to my usual bodyshop to have it painted gloss black so it's not on yet. Getting a load of other bits done too so will probably just get them to fit it.
grantm1986
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Reflex Silver

Post by grantm1986 »

Hey u got any pics of the splitter fitted ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk