Delivery.... Bit of carbon

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Paddy_R
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Delivery.... Bit of carbon

Post by Paddy_R »

Woke up this morning by the delivery driver from parcel force at the front door with a 'small' parcel.

I knew it was my spoiler 'lip' I'd taken a chance on from China. Now it looked good in the pictures on ebay, but don't they always. Once I got it signed for I got out the knife and cut my way into the polystyrene box that it arrived in. I have to say it was extremely well packaged and it would have been near impossible for it to have been damaged in transit. Anyway after 5 mins of cutting and unwrapping the spoiler 'lip' I finally had it out.

I wasn't disappointed at all. It was advertised as fibreglass coated with real carbon fibre but it's actually some sort of plastic coated and the carbon itself it of a good quality. The fit is excellent too.

Currently debating whether to paint it gloss black or leave it carbon (I couldn't find it not in carbon) and I've also got a Maxton splitter which I'm going to have painted gloss black.
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Re: Delivery.... Bit of carbon

Post by Irvysan »

Paddy_R wrote:Woke up this morning by the delivery driver from parcel force at the front door with a 'small' parcel.

I knew it was my spoiler 'lip' I'd taken a chance on from China. Now it looked good in the pictures on ebay, but don't they always. Once I got it signed for I got out the knife and cut my way into the polystyrene box that it arrived in. I have to say it was extremely well packaged and it would have been near impossible for it to have been damaged in transit. Anyway after 5 mins of cutting and unwrapping the spoiler 'lip' I finally had it out.

I wasn't disappointed at all. It was advertised as fibreglass coated with real carbon fibre but it's actually some sort of plastic coated and the carbon itself it of a good quality. The fit is excellent too.

Currently debating whether to paint it gloss black or leave it carbon (I couldn't find it not in carbon) and I've also got a Maxton splitter which I'm going to have painted gloss black.
Looks good, could you post more pics from other angles please, also share what you bought exactly [emoji41]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Paddy_R

Post by Paddy_R »

All the photos I have at the moment, I'll try to get more tomorrow:

And the spoiler:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261757618661? ... EBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The guy is great to deal with too offering 'help' on the customs charges!
Irvysan
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Cheers Paddy, spoiler looks mint mate. Leave it carbon!

Paddy_R

Post by Paddy_R »

Thanks. Original plan was to paint it gloss black along with the new front splitter and fog lamp grilles to match the front upper grille. However now it's here and I've seen it I really like the carbon. Decisions..... decisions.
Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

Thanks, and don't park there again! [emoji3]

Shaun1982
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184

Post by Shaun1982 »

Keep it carbon [THUMBS UP SIGN]