RCD510 Design Assets

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
mugginn
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box

RCD510 Design Assets

Post by mugginn »

Hi guys,

Random question, but does anyone know if its possible to access the images used (or styling code) that makes up the design of the RCD510 display?

I work in design and the grey gradients, thick bevels and red stroke just isn't doing it for me, I'd like to have a go at tweaking to something more modern and simple.

If anyone knows if it's possible please let me know, I think it would make for a very fun project :)
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Re: RCD510 Design Assets

Post by Phil »

Can't help you there, but I would love to see this little project!!

Got a feeling you would be better off with an RNS though as there a more options to toy with :)
Phil
dimexi
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

there is a website I got my firmware off... vwnavi or something?! Cant remember what it's called, but they are hardcore into stuff like that - especially a guy on there called josi. They might have the source code or something. Not sure that's much help
mugginn
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey

Post by mugginn »

Thanks guys, i'll try that out :) Looks to be the case that it's the RNS510 that's easier to tweak, meh!
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

mugginn wrote:Thanks guys, i'll try that out :) Looks to be the case that it's the RNS510 that's easier to tweak, meh!
Did you find the website? Could you share please?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Man_Overboard
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Panoramic Roof

Post by Man_Overboard »

I'd be interested in playing around with this too. The vwnavi.com forum seems to have been "upgrading" for the past week... looks like it might be a dead site?