Can't get comfy!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Plyphon
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: ALL THE OPTIONS

Re: Can't get comfy!

Post by Plyphon »

I'm 6 foot, and had to pull out the steering wheel column slightly further that any other car I've driven to accommodate my legs. Took a while to figure that out, and was a bit paranoid it looked silly with the steering wheel out a bit, but really it's fine - you can't tell.
Jester
I drive a: R-Line

Post by Jester »

Plyphon wrote:I'm 6 foot, and had to pull out the steering wheel column slightly further that any other car I've driven to accommodate my legs. Took a while to figure that out, and was a bit paranoid it looked silly with the steering wheel out a bit, but really it's fine - you can't tell.
Yeah I thought that too! I had a major tweaking sesh and I've found a reasonable compromise, I'm just not in the position to rest my wrists on the top of the wheel without leaning forward a lot :l
Pav Kehlar
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: Xenons, Parking Sensors, Leather Seats, Bluetooth.

Post by Pav Kehlar »

Oh the Joys of being 5ft 10 :D
Jester
I drive a: R-Line

Post by Jester »

Pav Kehlar wrote:Oh the Joys of being 5ft 10 :D
Wanna swap height dude :P?
Paddy_R
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by Paddy_R »

I could really do with the seat further back but then I couldn't reach the wheel as it's full back at the moment. I'm 6ft and never had this issue before. Switched from a Clio RS200 cup with Recaro seat so it's a huge change.
moulin12
Options: Used to own a 1.4 160 DSG.

Post by moulin12 »

Paddy_R wrote:I could really do with the seat further back but then I couldn't reach the wheel as it's full back at the moment. I'm 6ft and never had this issue before. Switched from a Clio RS200 cup with Recaro seat so it's a huge change.
Same here. Over a 12 month period I tried all sorts of reach and recline positions with the SW extended. I've now adjusted to the fact that I have to sit with my legs sitting more over the pedals than I would like. Mind you, having a dsg (and driving with one foot, tut tut) probably makes the situation more accepting.

Presumably, the driving position in the Golf is less of an issue: with the Scirocco, they've made do with the extension reach?
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

I can safely say I don't find it uncomfortable at all. The complete opposite in fact. Find it really comfy. And loads of leg room and arm room. Benifit of being 5ft10
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
moulin12
Options: Used to own a 1.4 160 DSG.

Post by moulin12 »

Ah, but it isn't just a matter of height. I'm also 5ft 10 ins, but I have a small torso and long limbs!
Sciroccofella
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: Manual box
Options: 18" turbine interlagos alloys, rear privacy glass

Post by Sciroccofella »

Ergonomics wise the roc should have absolutely no trouble for a 6'4, I'm 6'1 and always feel super comfy, and I've never seen anything in reviews like this.
Have you straightened the back? Should help with the arm stretching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk