Can't get comfy!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Jester
I drive a: R-Line
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Can't get comfy!

Post by Jester »

does anyone else find it hard to adopt a comfortable driving position? A lot of it coming from the fact I'm 6'4, I cannot for the life of my get the right distance from the pedals without stretching my arms too much or getting my legs caught on the steering column. Anyone else get this? :(
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Re: Can't get comfy!

Post by Phil »

I know what you mean mate. Fairly tall myself and at times I think I've adopted a new driving position to suit the car rather than to suit me!
Phil
Jester

Post by Jester »

philjay92 wrote:I know what you mean mate. Fairly tall myself and at times I think I've adopted a new driving position to suit the car rather than to suit me!
Oh man, tell me about it! I've recently had to settle with stretching my arms out more than I'd like to, easier on the legs but don't feel as in control as I should.. Plus it looks silly :(
Deagol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

And the adjustment on the steering column back & forwards doesn't help either?

OK, I'm not 6' 4" (closer to 5'11") so am not at the extremes of adjustment but this is a new one to me.

D
Baptised with Aerosmith
Jester

Post by Jester »

Deagol wrote:And the adjustment on the steering column back & forwards doesn't help either?

OK, I'm not 6' 4" (closer to 5'11") so am not at the extremes of adjustment but this is a new one to me.

D

Yeah I've got the column adjusted, I have it realitvely low to make up for the silly arm stretches I have to perform :D I guess it's just something I've gotta deal with :S
robb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White

Post by robb »

are you all legs or something ? I'm 6 3 and its one of the best positions I've sat in haha
Jester

Post by Jester »

robb wrote:are you all legs or something ? I'm 6 3 and its one of the best positions I've sat in haha

Mate my legs are stupid long, do you not have to stretch your arms to have comfy legs?
robb

Post by robb »

not really haha ? although I'm worried I'm the one who's out of proportion now , but no, no issue, i dont even have the steering wheel adjustment pulled all the way out, maybe I'm all arms ? :rolleyes:
Jester

Post by Jester »

robb wrote:not really haha ? although I'm worried I'm the one who's out of proportion now , but no, no issue, i dont even have the steering wheel adjustment pulled all the way out, maybe I'm all arms ? :rolleyes:
That may be it dude :D it's probably just me being awkward, I'll post a picture tomorrow of what I mean as right now I just sound silly :')
robb

Post by robb »

after reading this post i had to nip out in the car and now i feel like I'm not comfy either !!! nightmare
mrhirst
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Indium Grey

Post by mrhirst »

Yes I'm 6 4 and find my arms are further away than I'd like.

I've found a comfortable compromise though
Phil
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

robb wrote:after reading this post i had to nip out in the car and now i feel like I'm not comfy either !!! nightmare
haha it was fine before you thought about it!!
Phil
selleym
Options: Mirror Pack

Mods:
Bonnet Struts
Metal Pedals

Post by selleym »

What you need! Super long steering wheel extension :lol:
Phil

Post by Phil »

Wow! haha
Phil
Jester

Post by Jester »

selleym wrote:Image

What you need! Super long steering wheel extension :lol:
I need that shit dude! P.S sorry for making you feel uncomfortable man, it seems the curse is spreading!
Jester

Post by Jester »

robb wrote:after reading this post i had to nip out in the car and now i feel like I'm not comfy either !!! nightmare
Sorry dude! It's a curse I swear :D
robb

Post by robb »

haha anyone want to buy a diesel scirocco? :lol:
Jester

Post by Jester »

robb wrote:haha anyone want to buy a diesel scirocco? :lol:
LOL! Today I actually managed to find a happy medium, dead happy!
StuartyBoy
In: Rising Blue

Post by StuartyBoy »

I find it hard to believe anyone finding the scirocco not comfy. I'm 6'4" and it's the most comfy car I've been in. I don't even need to put the seat back as far as it goes!! I previously drove a corsa C which made me feel a wee bit like donkey kong in Mario kart. It was also the 5 door so if I looked to my right all I could see is pillar and seatbelt.
mrhirst
In: Indium Grey

Post by mrhirst »

StuartyBoy wrote:I find it hard to believe anyone finding the scirocco not comfy. I'm 6'4" and it's the most comfy car I've been in. I don't even need to put the seat back as far as it goes!! I previously drove a corsa C which made me feel a wee bit like donkey kong in Mario kart. It was also the 5 door so if I looked to my right all I could see is pillar and seatbelt.
Hahaha I know the feeling!! Try a fiat 500!!

This is one of the strangest conversations I've had in a while.... But anyway... I think it really depends!
Some people have longer legs and shorter torsos. I think the seating position in the scirocco means that people with longer legs have to stretch their arms a bit more, and since the car is so low can't raise the seat to get the arms closer

Anyway I can't complain... Love the car [emoji3]