Fault / Error Code: P2015 - please help!

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
jayroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Panoramic Sunroof, Vienna Leather, Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Bluetooth & Parrot, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons

Fault / Error Code: P2015 - please help!

Post by jayroc »

Hi guys,
thanks to all who responded to my previous post regarding engine light staying on.
The vehicle was scanned after some repairs an came up with a passive Error Code: P2015. The dealer cleared the error code bug I understand it might come on again.
Can you guys please tell me what it means; what I have to do; what my options are and the consequences of not doing anything!!!
I've already spent over a £1000 on the belt and compressor / cooling systems.
Your advice is most appreciated.
Thanks
Jayroc
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Fault / Error Code: P2015 - please help!

Post by Cuprabob »

Why didn't you ask the dealer who scanned it to tell youbwhat it meant?

A quick.Google reveals it's the common intake manifold flap issue.
jayroc
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Panoramic Sunroof, Vienna Leather, Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Bluetooth & Parrot, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons

Post by jayroc »

The car broke down in Germany and there guys tried to translate as much as they could. They speak limited English but as you said I've now been able to find more details on google. I just really wanted to know if other guys here have had a similar experience as I'm starting to suspect this component failure is a weakness in VW vehicles.
Thanks for replying to my post.
GeoffCapes
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise control, leather, sat nav, parking sensors

Post by GeoffCapes »

If I remember from my car, P2015. Is a inlet manifold flap fault, it's needs changing, cost me £700, to fix