Questions from an amateur.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Simon92
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Questions from an amateur.

Post by Simon92 »

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a couple of quick questions from a new owner. Thankyou. Apologies if I'm meant to post these in separate sections, let me know.

1) I've managed to connect my old ipod (wide thin 30 pin connector type) to the AMI music system with use of a cable i was given with the car. I then tried my new ipod with the lighting connector lead into a USB female - AMI lead i was also given but the car doesn't recognise the device. I assume this is because the ipod is about three years younger than the car - is there any way to get this to work through the AMI music system?

2) I currently don't have my user manual at my flat. On the MFD there are values for time, mpg and distance with either a small 1 or a 2 beside it. What do these mean? I'm assuming one is continuous and one resets itself or something, but what do these actually mean?

3) When i press the passenger window to close completely by itself it sometimes gets half way and then goes back down again as if something is stuck in the window. Am i just being stupid?

4) Looking at lowering the car - if either Eibach or H&R springs are used, should there be any problems with fitting small spacers too with standard 18" interlagos wheels? I'm assuming not, but i'm very new to this owning a nice car business.

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks,

Simon
luc1989
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: leather,19" wheels,rns510 with dynaudio,sunroof,cruise control.folding mirrors and a few other bits

Re: Questions from an amateur.

Post by luc1989 »

I've no idea how to help with your first question but regarding the MFD nr one resets itself after you've swiched off the engine for a while and nr 2 shows you long term distance and mpg.
Regarding the window that does not sound normal to me,my R has never done that from new.
Hope that helps a bit

Regards
Lucian
nemerkh

Post by nemerkh »

Right dunno abt the first question.
As for the window mine does it sometimes. What you do is short clicks until the window is up and then hope it wont do it for some time after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nemerkh

Post by nemerkh »

As for the trip 1&2, the number one resets every journey whilst number two keeps averaging until you reset the trip calc manually or every 8-9 k miles when it resets on its own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Simon92
In: Salsa Red

Post by Simon92 »

Magic, thanks for all the help. With the music I think I might just have to assume that a new lighting connector Ipod is too modern. The 1s and 2s on the trip computer makes sense - sounds like it was what I assumed. Thanks!
skippy
In: Candy White
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Yes - the number 1 average trip reading resets after 2 hours of inactivity.