New Scirocco order.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
alex_412
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

New Scirocco order.

Post by alex_412 »

Hi guys,

New here, just ordered a new Scirocco but still debating a couple of extras and have till next week to finally decide.

1.4 GT Rising Blue - unsure of adding the reversing camera as already have sensors. Can anyone tell me if its worth spending the extra money to add this? I've not had a car with sensors before so think that these might be sufficient. Also after going for a test drive, not too sure on the standard speakers and
thinking of adding dynaudio as i like to blast some music every now and then. Anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Alex
Deagol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Re: New Scirocco order.

Post by Deagol »

Hi Alex,

I've had mine for five years and throughout that time, had no issues with "only reversing sensors" - i don't recall camera being an option when I bought.

Mind you, I would not have the car WITHOUT any kind of reversing assistance; either I'm a bit lazy or a bit rubbish at judging where the absolute rear of my car is, but that beeper has saved some potentially nasty bills over the years, plus allowed me to park in spaces which I might otherwise have dismissed.
I don't think the camera adds anything in terms of proximity alerts, but it might prevent you rolling over something small and sharp - if the camera spots it.

If I was ordering today, I would not bother spending on the reversing camera.

Audio - never heard the Dynaudio set-up and my ears probably would not notice the difference anyway, especially in the 2.0 D. I reckon the road noise whilst driving might eliminate any benefits from the enhanced stereo.

Hope this opinion helps somehow.

D
Baptised with Aerosmith
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

I think it's a one or the other sort of job tbh, wouldn't see the need for both :)
Phil
alex_412
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Rising Blue

Post by alex_412 »

Hi guys,

Thanks for your opinions.. Didn't bother with the camera in the end but went with dynaudio.

Now only 3 month's to wait!
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Personally if you could afford both and dynaudio then get both. It would be useful and also something that might help come resale time.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)