Lost my locking wheel nut help!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
feeney
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Lost my locking wheel nut help!

Post by feeney »

So like an idiot i have managed to loose my locking wheel nut adapter so am going to have to take it too a garage to have them removed. Ib just going to replace with 4 normal bolts can anyone help with regards to what size bolts i need? Thanks in advance
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Lost my locking wheel nut help!

Post by Cuprabob »

Go to your local VW dealer, they may be able to identify which one you need and be able to order a replacement. It will surprise you how few variants they are and some dealers have a full set lying around.

Wheel Bolts are;
M14x1.5 thread
17mm head
25mm long
Radius shoulder

You can pick them up at TPS or dealers.
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
In: Candy White
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

The key number for your locking wheel nut key , should be in your service manual at the front - it is on mine. The supplying dealer ( when new ) will have a record of it also
feeney

Post by feeney »

Thanks guys got it sorted now!
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
In: Candy White
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

how did you manage to sort it ? (may help someone else)

Lee
feeney

Post by feeney »

Sorry yeah, its a long story however in the end VW dealership had a master set and generously gave me the adapter for free! However the route i was originally going down was a friend of mine who has a garage, has a tool which removes locking wheel nuts, however it does completely shag them so you need replacement bolts