Side light faults

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
nemerkh

Side light faults

Post by nemerkh »

Right. Just got my car back after having AC compressor changed by a dealer. All was fine agter picking up however today i have roght and left side light faults although they are working fine. Checked under the hood and bumper all conncetions in place dealer wants to investigate for money not having it. Wondering what could be a problem with that? Anyone??
Deagol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Re: Side light faults

Post by Deagol »

What is your relationship like with the dealer? If it is currently (or was) good, surely they could explain the work needed to change this compressor and therefore the possible effect on the lighting system?

If there has been only 24 hours between the AC work and the lighting fault, that doesn't leave them much room to wriggle out of being responsible for the fault, although I would have expected the fault so show up on leaving the dealership if it was a big problem.
I have had an occasional "replace sidelight bulb" warning on the dash even though the bulb is fine. A quick wiggle of the wire sorted out the dodgy connection and the fault vanished.

Sudden thought - have you checked front and rear sidelights or is the dash message telling you it is front ?

If you have followed the instructions in the Owners Handbook in the "changing bulbs" section and accessed the sidelight bulbs and the connections, I am not sure how much further you can go without technical input from a garage. I would have thought that your dealer could have a quick fumble for free though.

D
Baptised with Aerosmith
nemerkh

Re: Side light faults

Post by nemerkh »

Hi mate and thanks for replying. The dealer is actually a fiat dealer but i bought my roc of him and they gave me warrantybwith it. Thwy obviously are not happy shedding around 1400£ On the ac conpressor and free cambelt change (i told them its manufact stabdards. :)) so they are sayung they need to investigate and said there is no connection!
On the other hand i did fiddle around woth the wires j did t unplug then plug them though no result. I have checked all lamps in all positions and all sides are ok.