Clicking Sound

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
BenTheWombRaider
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: AP Coilovers, tinted windows, black vw badges, debadged, LED DRL's and interior lights, Vag-com tweaks

Clicking Sound

Post by BenTheWombRaider »

Hi Guys,

My car makes a clicking sounds on the front drivers side when I pull away from a stop and sometimes when I change gear.

Any suggestions?
mattpitcher
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Re: Clicking Sound

Post by mattpitcher »

Ben, I have exactly the same issue. Are you still living in a Colchester?
nestormirny
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: DCC, Panoramic roof, Bluetooth, Dynaudio, Leather seats

Post by nestormirny »

Sounds like you need to tighten up the front subframe bolts.
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Gol ... ES2102460/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BenTheWombRaider
Options: AP Coilovers, tinted windows, black vw badges, debadged, LED DRL's and interior lights, Vag-com tweaks

mattpitcher wrote:Ben, I have exactly the same issue. Are you still living in a Colchester?
I live in benfleet in essex, so about 30 mins from colchester mate
nestormirny wrote:Sounds like you need to tighten up the front subframe bolts.
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Gol ... ES2102460/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you!
mattpitcher
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White

Post by mattpitcher »

My car is at the dealers as we speak with this problem. They called me up all like "we've never seen this before" "what have you done to your car" "VW want to send a master recognition to do an investigation in weather it's covered on the warranty". Ive been looking into this all night and it's a known TSB or as VW call it a "TPI". It's concerning me that the dealer has never seen this issue before on any of the know affected models (jetta B6, golf mk5, scirroco ect ect) why are they being so official with it???
BenTheWombRaider

mattpitcher wrote:My car is at the dealers as we speak with this problem. They called me up all like "we've never seen this before" "what have you done to your car" "VW want to send a master recognition to do an investigation in weather it's covered on the warranty". Ive been looking into this all night and it's a known TSB or as VW call it a "TPI". It's concerning me that the dealer has never seen this issue before on any of the know affected models (jetta B6, golf mk5, scirroco ect ect) why are they being so official with it???
That is weird! What is the issue then? What is the known tsb?