Strange paint blemish

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
atce
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box

Strange paint blemish

Post by atce »

Hi guys,

Hoping someone might be able to explain what's happened here.

I have noticed some whitish coloured blemishes that look a bit like brush strokes on the paint that I cannot remove. I have tried T-Cutting it, thinking they were surface blemishes, but can't get rid of them. If I wet the surface they disappear but only until it dries and they reappear again. Looks a lot worse when it's sunny although they are visible all the time.
It looks to me like it is actually under the lacquer but I don't remember seeing them when I got the car otherwise I would have got it sorted under warranty.

They say a picture paints (haha) a thousand words, hoping someone may be able to help me.

TIA...

Deagol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Re: Strange paint blemish

Post by Deagol »

Looks like your top coat lacque may have been scrubbed ? Strange arrangement of damage though - have you had any near misses with big birds bouncing off the roof ? (I had a close call with a pheasant not so long ago)

D
Baptised with Aerosmith
atce

Post by atce »

Nope, never had anything like that happen to me Deagol and I'm the only driver.

Would I feel a difference if the surface had been damaged, it feels just as smooth as the surrounding area? There are other much smaller similarly damaged areas on the bonnet and near the front of the car, seems to be only on the passenger side though which is odd.
Brocky

Post by Brocky »

Hi, atce.

I would advise that you pop over to Detailing World and ask over there. There are many guys over there that will be able to advise you on what it is and, more importantly, how to deal with it.

Hope you are able to get it sorted without spending too much. :yes:
atce

Post by atce »

Cheers Brocky, will head over to DW later