Build Week 7 R-Line

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
JohnsonAsco
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Gloss Black 19" Lugano Alloys, K&N Induction Kit, Carbon Interior Trim, T5 Mod R Line Grill, Dectane Tail Lights,

Build Week 7 R-Line

Post by JohnsonAsco »

Just got a call from VW, he just said he was ringing me letting me know that they haven't forgot about me lol. Mentioned about build week 7 and should have my car mid-late April. Bit later than I thought but hey ho. Anybody else got that same build week or near? :grumpy:
Brocky

Re: Build Week 7 R-Line

Post by Brocky »

My GTS was built this Monday and I'm expecting to be able to pick it up the first week of March.
JohnsonAsco
Options: Gloss Black 19" Lugano Alloys, K&N Induction Kit, Carbon Interior Trim, T5 Mod R Line Grill, Dectane Tail Lights,

Post by JohnsonAsco »

Lucky! I was driving at the time so I wasn't really paying full attention to him, he said he will ring me on the 5th PC March and update me, and he said about trying to get me in the car as soon as possible or something so maybe April may be the latest and could get it in march but who knows. I would of thought they would of had them all ready by march as that's when the 14 plates come out. Pretty annoying! :no: you haven't got long now mate! :clap: :hyper:
Brocky

Post by Brocky »

Seems a bit strange that if yours is BW7....the week after mine....that yours won't be ready until April....a full month after mine, though.

I'd give him a call and confirm. :yes:
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Its normally around a month from build week to collection.
VinceXR
In: Oryx White

Post by VinceXR »

My R line is built and on it's way to the UK, I pick her up on the 4th of March :D
https://www.facebook.com/Ascalonmetal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JohnsonAsco

Post by JohnsonAsco »

Yeah I shall ring him tomorrow and check it out! Ahhh lucky what was your build week?
Brocky

Post by Brocky »

VinceXR wrote:My R line is built and on it's way to the UK, I pick her up on the 4th of March :D
Looks like our cars were built very close together, Vince. They may even be on the same boat.

I'm hoping to get mine the first week of March....though, I've not had an exact date from my dealer yet. I'll also have to travel to Kent to pick it up, but the drive back should be fun! :D
VinceXR

Post by VinceXR »

I think you maybe right! :) That's a nice break in trip though, I'm getting mine from Preston but by the time I actually get back to Southport I intend to have at least 200 maybe 300 miles on the clock. Excited isn't the word.
https://www.facebook.com/Ascalonmetal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brocky

Post by Brocky »

Yeah, I'll be driving back on the A-roads, too. I've read that you shouldn't drive a new car at constant speeds and for long distances for a while. It glazes the pistons, apparently, and will drink oil in later life.
VinceXR

Post by VinceXR »

We'll have to arrange a meet sometime, It doesn't look like there's much interest but I think we could get 3 or 4 maybe. Would be awesome!