Door wont unlock

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
elande
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: DCC, Scorpion Cat-Back, R Converted front, Dectane LED tail-lights.

Door wont unlock

Post by elande »

So i have an strange issue.
For almost a week now my passenger door refuses to open when i unlock the car.
Or rather it will open if I do the "manual override" with the key on the driverside.

So when i unlock the car, windows goes down as normal on both doors.
But I cant open the door, from the inside or the outside. And if the windows is up it dose't even pull that down.
The outside handle feels like it's not connected at all. and nothing happens on the inside one, tho that has a bit more "stiff".

But as i said it can be fixed with the "override". but then i have to do that every time i want to open that door.
Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Door wont unlock

Post by Cuprabob »

I assume you haven't changed any settings on the MFD? The default is that only the driver's door opens on the the first push of the unlock button and the passenger door opens on the second push. There is a setting within the convenience menu to have both doors open on first push of the unlock button.

Within the MFD you can also change whether passenger window drops on unlock or not.
Last edited by Cuprabob on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
elande

Post by elande »

Cuprabob wrote:I assume you haven't changed any settings on the MFD. The default is that only the driver's dorr opens on the the first push of the unlock button and the passenger door opens on the second push. There is a setting within the convenience menu to have both doors open on first push of the unlock button.

Within the MFD you can also change whether passenger window drops pn unlock or not.
I will have to double check, but i have not change that setting.
And it has been working before. But i will have to check.
roccopanda
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Indium Grey

Post by roccopanda »

Cuprabob wrote:I assume you haven't changed any settings on the MFD? The default is that only the driver's door opens on the the first push of the unlock button and the passenger door opens on the second push. There is a setting within the convenience menu to have both doors open on first push of the unlock button.

Within the MFD you can also change whether passenger window drops on unlock or not.
Oh? So you can have the door unlock but the Window stay up (a-la-BMW)? I thought the window setting referred to the hold down lock/unlock to open/close windows convenience thing.
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Yes, you have the option, when unlocking the car for the passenger window not to drop, only the drivers one however, both still drop when you pull the key out the ignition though.
elande

Post by elande »

Ok, so an update.
Check the setting on the MFD, and it should open both doors.
And I can get both doors to open if I mash the hell out of the unlock button. I mean like 30-40 times.
The window how ever opens every time I press the button no problem, and I can get it to roll down if a hold the unlock button..
So it's like its unlocking, but something that connect the handle to the mechanism of the door handles isn't playing nice.
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Cuprabob wrote:Within the MFD you can also change whether passenger window drops on unlock or not.
New to me Bob - can you elaborate on that setting please? Where and how is it described in the MFD menus?
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Mark V wrote:
Cuprabob wrote:Within the MFD you can also change whether passenger window drops on unlock or not.
New to me Bob - can you elaborate on that setting please?
It's pretty simple, with the box ticked, when you unlock the car with one press to open the driver's door only tje driver's window drops. With it unticked, both windows drop. However, as said when you pull the key out tje ignition both windows drop irrespective of the setting.

The option is pretty obvious within the settings menu. I'm not near the car for the exact wording.

I use it over the winter to minimise the risk of an issue due to freezing. Means I only need to worry about driver's window first thing in the morning.
roccopanda

Post by roccopanda »

I know the setting you mean, but the door stays locked unless the window drops down. Pretty sure that the windows setting is for the convenience unlock ie hold the unlock down to open the window. I'll double check tomorrow as I'm curious now but I spent ages reading into it because it pissed me off water kept falling into the car when I unlocked it.
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Yes, the.door.does stay locked. It's another setting that gives you the option to unlock the passenger door on first push of the unlock button as opposed to the default second push.

I just mentioned.the window option as an aside.
roccopanda

Post by roccopanda »

Ah. yeah, understood. Sorry, I understood the first post as you'd found a way to unlock the passenger door without the window popping down. :)
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

roccopanda wrote:Ah. yeah, understood. Sorry, I understood the first post as you'd found a way to unlock the passenger door without the window popping down. :)
That's that cleared up them.

Just need to wait for tje OP to come back and tell us if he's solved his actual problem.
elande

Post by elande »

So I think the problem was a sudden drop in temperature, because now when we got a few +degrees the door works fine.
Strange bit is that last winter we had -36c at some point and I had no problem with the door then. So maybe some ice or something in the mechanism.. :/