Today's wash and wax with auto finesse illusion

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Today's wash and wax with auto finesse illusion

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Gave my car a good going over today Inside and out. Washed using lather, and decontaminated with iron out and obliterate, then polished with rejuvenate then topped with illusion. Didnt take any before pics as i was pushed for time. and only a few afters. 3 pics of iron out doing its thing :yes: ..Pics was taken using iPhone...

Reflection is stunning in person. The iPhone camera can't capture it though.. Overall well happy. :p
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Kennowaybino

Re: Today's wash and wax with auto finesse illusion

Post by Kennowaybino »

Looking good
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Very nice :yes: :yes:
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
Topaz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box

Post by Topaz »

You have inspired me. :)
tomburgin
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by tomburgin »

hi there pal, you car looks amazing you have inspired me also i have the same car as you
im looking to get some products to get mine like yours is the order what you did like this is in short

washed with lather then
iron out then
rejuvenate then
illusion
is that correct also
i have black vw alloy wheels what can i use to wash them and make them shiny also

thanks for your help much appreciated and keep up the good work :clap:
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

tomburgin wrote:hi there pal, you car looks amazing you have inspired me also i have the same car as you
im looking to get some products to get mine like yours is the order what you did like this is in short

washed with lather then
iron out then
rejuvenate then
illusion
is that correct also
i have black vw alloy wheels what can i use to wash them and make them shiny also

thanks for your help much appreciated and keep up the good work :clap:
Cheers mate :)

Yes that's correct order :yes:
I use either valet pro bilberry wheel cleaner which can be diluted http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/valet-pro ... d_499.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or auto finesse imperial. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-an ... d_923.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Both work great! It's worth sealing your wheels with a wax or sealant. Makes future cleaning easy ! I currently use poor boys wheel sealant. Once this has been applied you only need to use normal car shampoo http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-an ... rod_9.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :D
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Just a heads up if you plan on buying them products then this company offer free postage ;) http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
tomburgin

Post by tomburgin »

yes ok thanks very much for your help

im gonna get all these products tomorrow and then use them on my car i cant wait :clap:

ive just saw you have led number plate, where did you buy that from? easy to fit??

your car must look amazing 24/7 :clap: :clap: :clap:
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

tomburgin wrote:yes ok thanks very much for your help

im gonna get all these products tomorrow and then use them on my car i cant wait :clap:

ive just saw you have led number plate, where did you buy that from? easy to fit??

your car must look amazing 24/7 :clap: :clap: :clap:
:yes: ..

I just bought some LEDs from eBay and replaced the bulbs with them. Takes about 1 min to change both. Great visual mod though.

I do try to keep it looking in top condition. Family think I'm mad with the amount of cleaning equipment I own. Trouble is where I work is right next to a train station and bus company service centre with a dusty car park. So when they are constantly driving bus's around testing them it kicks up dust which just blows all over all the cars. So I can spend a day cleaning but after one day parked up its dusty again. But the shine never goes :clap:
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
tomburgin

Post by tomburgin »

ok cheers mate

ahhh thats a pain i have the same problem with my house its surrounded by fields and trees,

so im gonna invest in a car cover after ive cleaned it :clap:
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

tomburgin wrote: so im gonna invest in a car cover after ive cleaned it :clap:
Covers used externally can create more problems than they solve....
AaronMc
Options: Black Pack inc 19" Luganos, Piano Black Dash Inserts, Heated Vienna Leather, Dynaudio, Scirocco R Pedals, Parking Sensors, Needle Sweep Activated, Black VW Badges, Debadged, H&R 35mm.

Post by AaronMc »

Nice mate, I love Auto Finesse gear!
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Same here. I used a few products and found they work really well and have just stuck with that brand since. Everything to do with car cleaning I own is pretty much auto finesse. In fact I have their 3 most expensive waxs aswell !!! ;)
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
AaronMc
Options: Black Pack inc 19" Luganos, Piano Black Dash Inserts, Heated Vienna Leather, Dynaudio, Scirocco R Pedals, Parking Sensors, Needle Sweep Activated, Black VW Badges, Debadged, H&R 35mm.

Post by AaronMc »

Auto Finesse have hit the nail on the head with their range.

All so easy to use, pretty cheap, and give fantastic results!

Illusion is a lovely wax! :)
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

I like their stuff too (especially the packaging) but just did not get on with their 'Lather' shampoo - it hardly produced any lather so I have just changed to Megs Gold - completely different product and produces a superb lather...
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Mark V wrote:I like their stuff too (especially the packaging) but just did not get on with their 'Lather' shampoo - it hardly produced any lather so I have just changed to Megs Gold - completely different product and produces a superb lather...
love the packaging also. mark u have a point about lather. but they have now brought out a more updated lather and its amazing. it slides over the paintwork with ease. creates loads of suds that will last the whole wash. i have washed my whole car panel at a time then rinsed and at the end the bucket was still full of suds. and its even more concentrate now , defiantly worth a punt.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Thanks for the update WD. The Megs 'Gold Class' I got was the large size so will last a while - but will bear the Lather in mind for next time. Cheers!
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:
Mark V wrote:I like their stuff too (especially the packaging) but just did not get on with their 'Lather' shampoo - it hardly produced any lather so I have just changed to Megs Gold - completely different product and produces a superb lather...
love the packaging also. mark u have a point about lather. but they have now brought out a more updated lather and its amazing. it slides over the paintwork with ease. creates loads of suds that will last the whole wash. i have washed my whole car panel at a time then rinsed and at the end the bucket was still full of suds. and its even more concentrate now , defiantly worth a punt.
Can i ask , what sort of ratio are you using the Megs Gold shampoo in ? - i.e - how much shampoo for a 10Litre bucket of water ?

Lee
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Hi Lee - I just tend to put a quick 'dash' in - you need very little with the Megs Gold Class....
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

This was taken from auto finesse website..

LATHER
Lather car shampoo is a highly concentrated formula designed to be tough on dirt and road grime, whilst gentle on wax, paint sealant layers and other car care products, the ultra lubricated high foaming action minimises the risk of inflicting fine scratches during the wash stage, where the majority of swirl marks are inflicted. This powerful car shampoo concentrate Dilutes up to 2000:1 water – solution, and contains no gloss enhancers or wax to leave you a pure finish and not disrupt or interfere with car wax or sealant layers you may have on your paintwork.

2000:1
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)